Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Drew Melbourne
  • 1 Post By Matt Krotzer

Thread: Official \"Johnny\" Announcement Gives Mini-Hint Of Sin City 2\'s New Plot

Administrator

Default Official \"Johnny\" Announcement Gives Mini-Hint Of Sin City 2\'s New Plot

The Weinstein's official announcement that Joseph Gordon-Levitt has signed on for Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For contained the following little chunk:
    Gordon-Levitt will play Johnny, a cocky gambler who disguises a darker mission to destroy his most foul enemy at his best game.
    He's a new character with new motivations, in new material that has been said to work as a bridge between some of the plot points of the first film and some of the plot points in A Dame to Kill For. Who is this most foul enemy? What is his best game? Will he be wearing rubbery bits on his face again? Only time will tell.

The press release included this quote from Gordon-Levitt:
    I love how the first movie uses VFX, not to make fake things look real, but to create a heightened world unburdened by the look and feel of reality.Plus, nobody makes a badass like Mr. Rodriguez.

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    I love how the first movie uses VFX, not to make fake things look real, but to create a heightened world unburdened by the look and feel of reality.Plus, nobody makes a badass like Mr. Rodriguez.
    "Mr. Rodriguez?" Some actors might fight the perception that they're still 12. JGL leans into it! In my head, his voice cracks on the word "badass."
    Matt Krotzer likes this.

I like that he's still got that humble, respectful reverence, despite being one of the hottest actors in Hollywood right now.
    AMDin likes this.

Should be good!
    The Comics Ticker- my new comics blog

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/mattspatola/venger-web-sig22222.jpg

Follow me on: Twitter l Facebook l Email me l The Venger Blog