Thread: Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Sin City 2, Not In Guardians Of The Galaxy

Administrator

Default Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Sin City 2, Not In Guardians Of The Galaxy

I was expecting another Godzilla story not a return visit from Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Very bad reading of the tea leaves on my part - Gordon-Levitt has become a rather regular fixture in the trades of late, though definitely a most welcome one.

Deadline say that he's taken the role of Johnny in Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For, a part originally offered to Johnny Depp. It's a new part, and all we know so far is that he's a gambler.

At the same time, Deadline say that Gordon-Levitt's has ultimately not signed on for Guardians of the Galaxy and somebody else will have to take up the mantle of Star Lord.

In short:Joe is Johnny because Johnny isn't. But he isn't Peter, and I doubt Johnny will be.

Incidentally, there are still roles to be filled in Sin City 2 and while he's not in there as yet, the same Deadline report tosses Josh Brolin up in the air to see if he'll come down heads.

Stay tuned to see who returns to Bleeding Cool first - Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Godzilla. The way it's been going today it won't be long until we hear from one or the other again.

Zen Master of Cool

Damn it, this coupled with them doing a Dame to Kill For means I'll have to see Sin City 2. And I really didn't want to. I'm in the minority that found the first one incredibly goofy and boring once you got past the cool look of the movie.

Zen Master of Cool

I dont think it was the minority that felt that way about the first one...

Bleeding Cool

I liked the first one this could be good

Quote Originally Posted by smokescreen View Post
    I dont think it was the minority that felt that way about the first one...
    Really? I thought the first one was reasonably well received, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

I'm glad they're doing new material though - given that The Spirit proved that an interesting visual style can't sustain a terribly-written and badly-acted story, I would likely find Sin City 2 boring if it were a straight adaptation of any of the comics.
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

I'm most excited about this because it improves the odds of Zachary Levi as Star-Lord.