Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Video: The Big Bang Theory Does Star Trek: The Next Generation

Administrator

Default Video: The Big Bang Theory Does Star Trek: The Next Generation

I can't actually watch this clip where I am, so I want some vivid descriptions in the forum. Actually, just drop three adjectives on me.

I'm sure it's absolutely on a par with everything else on The Big Bang Theory.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNYl0TjWaq8[/youtube]

Witty, satirical, unexpected? Or hackneyed, desperate and... um... expected? Your three adjectives please.

The episode in question will air in the US this Thursday then in the UK... well, seemingly on loop for about five hours every Sunday afternoon between now and the end of time.

Exceedingly Cool

BBT is marginally more funny than 2 and a Half Men which is as funny as an average funeral.
    Charles Skaggs and Jipp like this.

Banned

Man, Chuck Lorre really knows how to make unfunny comedies, doesn't he?

Not available anymore

Wrote the Book on Cool

Since no one else wants to talk about the clip and would rather push their own tiny agendas, the characters are in TNG costumes (Sheldon is Data) including one of them as the Borg and it appears to be a scene filmed at Vasquez Rocks near L.A. where at least two episodes of the 1960s Trek was filmed. It is funny. It's a fun show and if you want to laugh just put on one of the dvd's as it holds up well. It has lasted while regular SF series are temporarily in eclipse mode on network TV right now.
    Fysh and CaptObtuse like this.

Way Cool

Utter shit. The only thing less funny than this show is how many sheep positively flock towards it.

Consultant of Cool

I never get how so many fans think this isn't making fun of us. Compare this with Community, a show that is a lot kinder towards fandom.
    Charles Skaggs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimvanhise View Post
    Since no one else wants to talk about the clip and would rather push their own tiny agendas...
    ...Hey! Speak for yourself, Jim. Some of us have rather *large* agendas

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaduck View Post
    Utter shit. The only thing less funny than this show is how many sheep positively flock towards it.

...While you have the term "sheep" used in the proper context, I don't think "flock" is the proper word in this case. Some other semi-synonym, perhaps?
    Last edited by _OM_; 01-07-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    -------

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdelmonte View Post
    I never get how so many fans think this isn't making fun of us. Compare this with Community, a show that is a lot kinder towards fandom.
    I find that *some* of the humor is at the characters' expense and *some* of the humor is from the characters' perspective. The mix tends to very episode to episode, season to season. I don't watch regularly, but I'm under the impression that they'd gotten it to a good place by season 2 or 3. I find their best episodes to be pretty funny and most to be pretty standard/forgettable sitcom output.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sdelmonte View Post
    Making Fun of Geeks hasn't become politically incorrect yet.

(Although some of the stuff they got away with in the last episode REALLY came close to crossing the line with political incorrectness!)

...and how the heck did they NOT get Wil Wheaton to make a cameo in this episode!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast