Thread: Elizabeth Olson And Andrea Riseborough Are On The Shortlist For BAFTA's EE Rising Star Award

Administrator

Default Elizabeth Olson And Andrea Riseborough Are On The Shortlist For BAFTA's EE Rising Star Award

I'm at BAFTA for the unveiling of their EE Rising Star shortlist. This is the public voted award that recognises an up and coming star as part of the main BAFTA film awards. Tom Hardy, Noel Clarke and Kristen Stewart have won before.

Before the short list was announced, I was having trouble imagining who might be on it. This year, unlike previous goes around, there was no long list published. Are we running short of newbies? Does the stack take more than a year to refresh?

Here's the list. Whoever has the biggest and most motivated fanbase will win. Find out who that is on February 10th.
    • Elizabeth Olson
    • Andrea Riseborough
    • Suraj Sharma
    • Alicia Vikander
    • Juno Temple

Brendon, these images took me less than 2 minutes to source, fyi ;-)

Elizabeth Olsen

Andrea Riseborough

Suraj Sharma

Alicia Vikander

Juno Temple

Also, sexism?
    Or just a good year for women?

I've not really heard of any of these folk, but there could be a twinge of sexism in that Google doesn't profile Suraj Sharma, but does all the rest.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    Also, sexism?
    Or just a good year for women?

I've not really heard of any of these folk, but there could be a twinge of sexism in that Google doesn't profile Suraj Sharma, but does all the rest.
    Elizabeth Olsen is also the younger sister of the famous Full House twins, though she seems to have a better reputation than they have. According to IMDB, Suraj has only done Life of Pi. Juno Temple seems to have the longest list, going back to 2000.

Dean of Cool University

Alicia Vikander has a lead part in A Royal Affair, which is currently on the shortlist for Best Foreign Language Oscar.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    I was posting from inside BAFTA by means that prevented me from doing anything but adding text.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Jensen View Post
    Alicia Vikander has a lead part in A Royal Affair, which is currently on the shortlist for Best Foreign Language Oscar.

And it's very good. Already covered it on the site, including an interview with Mads Mikkelsen.