Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silly Twin Peaks Rumours Compel NBC's President To Start The Ball Rolling, For Real

Administrator

Default Silly Twin Peaks Rumours Compel NBC's President To Start The Ball Rolling, For Real

Earlier in the week, I ignored some spurious stories regarding the return of Twin Peaks, the greatest TV show in the history of the medium,* but it seems these tall tales may have actually catalysed the earliest stages of a return for the show. It's just like that time Michael Bay said the internet gave him the idea to cast Mark Wahlberg in his next Transformers film but not a total barefaced lie this time.

NBC's President, Jennifer Salke,heard the same unfounded rumours that crept around the web, and addressed them at the TCA today. IGN quote her thus:
    I called everybody when I got the email," she said. "None of us had gotten a call about that, not from an agent, not from the writer, not the head of drama... so we?re wondering the same thing you are..."When it came up we all looked at each other and said, ?That?s a good idea.? We were all kind of like, 'Hmm, we like Twin Peaks!' So, I?ll send some emails today, and see what I can get to come in.
    The 'what' she really needs to come in is actually a who: David Lynch, the show's co-creator. If he could be convinced to take part in a revival then I'm sure all of the other pieces would soon click into place. Next most essential would be Mark Frost, his co-creator - and by next I mean there's not room for a gnat's hair between them.

I love Twin Peaks and I'd be over the moon to see more - presuming, of course, that what we get is actually good.

So, if e-mails from the President of NBC count as getting the ball rolling, it sounds like it's rolling. It might only roll an inch, we'll have to wait and see, but every parachute jump needs somebody to pack the parachute.

*Yep. That's right. Even after you factor in the lesser episodes.

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

A new Lynch/Frost television show would be very exciting news, no matter what it was!

Pleasepleaseplease.

Zen Master of Cool Charles Skaggs's Avatar

Unfortunately, e-mails from the President of NBC have less importance these days than e-mails from the copier repairman at FX and AMC.

We MUST have Lynch *and* Frost. Frost grounded Lynch in a most excellent way.

If we get even one made-for-TV movie out of this, they can totally sell the solid gold brick I will shit.

The good Dale is trapped in the Black Lodge!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Skaggs View Post
    Unfortunately, e-mails from the President of NBC have less importance these days than e-mails from the copier repairman at FX and AMC.
    ...I think even a tweet from Rob Liefeld has more credibility.
    -------

Exceedingly Cool

As much as I personally want to see it...Sorry. Not. Gonna. Happen. Both Frost and Lynch have veto power over all things Twin Peaks, and it's Lynch that doesn't want to revisit it. Matt Haley tried to get permission for a Season Three comic to be published through Top Shelf, everyone was behind it...but Lynch. Twin Peaks Archive: Exclusive Matt Haley interview!

Quote Originally Posted by United Comics View Post
    As much as I personally want to see it...Sorry. Not. Gonna. Happen. Both Frost and Lynch have veto power over all things Twin Peaks, and it's Lynch that doesn't want to revisit it. Matt Haley tried to get permission for a Season Three comic to be published through Top Shelf, everyone was behind it...but Lynch. Twin Peaks Archive: Exclusive Matt Haley interview!
    ...And Lynch tried to pull this stunt with Dune even though he had nowhere near a final say-so. The only thing he had the right to do was to have his name stricken from the credits of the TV version and replaced with "Alan Smithee".
    -------

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Quote Originally Posted by _OM_ View Post
    ...And Lynch tried to pull this stunt with Dune even though he had nowhere near a final say-so. The only thing he had the right to do was to have his name stricken from the credits of the TV version and replaced with "Alan Smithee".
    Yeah, but you have to admit that twin Peaks without David Lynch would be totally pointless.
    I mean, Lynch is hit and miss for me. I recognize his skill and genius, but not all of his films are my cup of tea, in case of Twin Peaks, he is essential to what made the show so great.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Dean of Cool University

I was in a heated drunk discussion about this last night, actually.

I wouldn't turn down new Twin Peaks as long as Lynch and Frost are involved, but I would much rather see something new from those guys.

Hmmm.. I have been meaning to crack open that dvd box set and finally watch the series. Roght now I am finally finishing another cult classic, The Prisoner. Only got like halfway through last time and somehow never finished. Hmm.. maybe I just never downloaded the rest. Well.. going through that beautiful BluRay now. Plus I already heard about the ending ages ago.

Meanwhile.. we did get a modern remake \ sequel from AMC... and it was pretty dreadful. A weak emo No. 6 who seemed to be on Ambien or something. And a tone and mood that just did not match the obscure classic it was based on. McKellan and Cavezel were wasted. Sure.. it was no Uma Thurman Sean Connery Avengers disater.. but it stunk and couldn't hold a candle to the origial. So unless they get both original showrunners on board.. I have no hope.

Be seeing you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast