Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Now Is The Time To Buy The Original Django On Blu-Ray

Administrator

Default Now Is The Time To Buy The Original Django On Blu-Ray

Those of you capable of playing region A Blu-ray discs could do an awful lot worse than Blue Underground's release of the original Django. The transfer is very good indeed - as good as the original camera negative would allow. Looks mighty fine.

Right now, Amazon have it priced at $12.49, down from the RRP of $29.98.

For extra encouragement, I should tell you there's a vintage 30-odd minute documentary on the disc featuring Django's directorSergio Corbucci and his fellow Spaghetti Western chefsEnzo G. Castellari and Sergio Sollima.

Here's a vintage trailer for the film. It doesn't really do it justice.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4FCfyEP8rY[/youtube]

Incidentally, Argent films have a Region B release of Django coming to Blu-ray in a couple of weeks. Not having seen it I can't comment on how it will compare to Blue Underground's disc.

Banned

Think I'll pass.

Why is this white guy going by the name "Django", which is an African name?

And why does it seem like everybody on here seems to want to talk everything surrounding Django, but not the actual recent Django movie?

The movie was easily one of the best of 2012. Am I missing something here?
    alekesam and Maybeland like this.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Perhaps "Django" is a reference to Django Reinhardt?

And why does it seem like everybody on here seems to want to talk everything surrounding Django, but not the actual recent Django movie?

Has the movie come out other places than the US?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Jensen View Post
    Perhaps "Django" is a reference to Django Reinhardt?
    Can't say I know anything about that. What I do know, is that Django is the name of an African deity. It's name spread thru much of Latin America, by way of the African slave trade, especially thru the influence of the Afro-Latin religion of Santeria.

Kinda like how so many people are named "Jesus" (pronounced "hay-soos") in the Latin world. Never knew tye name found it's way into Europe proper though.

Has the movie come out other places than the US?
    I honestly don't know. I always just assume that these films are released world wide. I do recall some UK folks here mentioning that it was playing there, but none of them mentioned actually seeing it.

There are folks on here from the US, & none of them are talking about it either.

Meanwhile, I've been having numerous lengthy convo's about it on numerous other sites that I frequent. Even had discussions about it at the comic shop i work at, since the first issue of the comic for the movie just recently hit the shelves.

Just seems weird to me that nobody on here seems interested in talking about it.

Banned

I honestly don't know. I always just assume that these films are released world wide. I do recall some UK folks here mentioning that it was playing there, but none of them mentioned actually seeing it.

There are folks on here from the US, & none of them are talking about it either.

Meanwhile, I've been having numerous lengthy convo's about it on numerous other sites that I frequent. Even had discussions about it at the comic shop i work at, since the first issue of the comic for the movie just recently hit the shelves.

Just seems weird to me that nobody on here seems interested in talking about it.
    Probably because nobody is interested in talking about yet another adolescent, revenge/violence fantasy movie by the 49 year-old Tarentino

Bleeding Cool

Think I'll pass.

Words can have two meanings.

For those who don't knoe Django unchained hasn't been screen through the UK yet other than the premier, So Sam most Brit's aren't talking about it because it doesn't show till the 18th
    Last edited by Blackfist; 01-06-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    Probably because nobody is interested in talking about yet another adolescent, revenge/violence fantasy movie by the 49 year-old Tarentino
    1) This film is anything but "adolescent". Clearly you haven't seen it.

2) as opposed to other "adolescent" films made by other middle-aged or older movie producers? Nobody seems to complain about those on here.
    TGC, alekesam and smokescreen like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    For those who don't knoe Django unchained hasn't been screen through the UK yet other than the premier, So Sam most Brit's aren't talking about it because it doesn't show till the 18th
    Ah, okay, I gotcha.

But what about the America folks on here?

Ah, okay, I gotcha.

But what about the America folks on here?
    Oh, they're racist i guess

(More likely they're all broke)
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast