Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Marvel Zombie 9
  • 1 Post By Celestin

Thread: James Bond Tribute Set For Oscars, Tina Fey And Amy Poehler Wear Pretty Dresses And Drop Dozens Of Golden Globe Gags

Administrator

Default James Bond Tribute Set For Oscars, Tina Fey And Amy Poehler Wear Pretty Dresses And Drop Dozens Of Golden Globe Gags

It's Awards Season. On the upside, this means a few more ambitious and expensive prestige pictures and a couple of nice nights in, sitting in front of the TV cheering, booing, hissing and crying.

The producers of the Academy Awards today announced that this year's ceremony is to feature a tribute to James Bond, what with 2013 being the... er... 51st anniversary... um. Well, I guess Skyfall made something of an impression, eh? What form this tribute will take has not been revealed but I'm expecting a clips montage, musical medley or maybe a whole load of Bond actors standing on stage in a row.

Or perhaps all three. We'll find out on February 24th.

Meanwhile, there's a new promo for the Golden Globes which is this year hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. It's pretty funny and they're dressed up all spangly, like.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzzRo4nawFw[/youtube]

The Globes ceremony takes place on the 13th this year and will likely be every bit as absurd and nonsensical as it always is. These awards are given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which is a club of hacks writing about the US entertainment biz and then voting for whoever they want to be in a room with.

Still, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Could be worse.

Zen Master of Cool Marvel Zombie 9's Avatar
    Arkham Asylum, but I like to "Summer" in Coast City.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    These awards are given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which is a club of hacks writing about the US entertainment biz and then voting for whoever they want to be in a room with.
    A bit harsh, don't you think? I would argue that the Golden Globes are often closer to the target than the Oscars or the Emmys.

Still, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Could be worse.
    I'd like to be the meat in that sandwich . . .
    alekesam likes this.

Consultant of Cool

The Globes ceremony takes place on the 13th this year and will likely be every bit as absurd and nonsensical as it always is. These awards are given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which is a club of hacks writing about the US entertainment biz and then voting for whoever they want to be in a room with.
    Hey, at least they care about it enough to vote for people they want to be in a room with. Unlike Oscars where many of these white, old males let their wifes do voting for them.
    alekesam likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Zombie 9 View Post
    I'd like to be the meat in that sandwich . . .
    Talking of hosts wearing golden dresses, I'd like to get my hands on some of the "Golden Globes". F'nar, f'nar.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Zombie 9 View Post
    A bit harsh, don't you think? I would argue that the Golden Globes are often closer to the target than the Oscars or the Emmys.
    Like, for example, The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie?

They're also reputed to be pretty damn corrupt too - Golden Globe awards tarnished by allegations of corruption - News - Films - The Independent

Zen Master of Cool Marvel Zombie 9's Avatar
    Arkham Asylum, but I like to "Summer" in Coast City.

Like, for example, The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie?
    I didn't say "always". I said "often". There's a difference.