Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Revolutionary Cyke

Thread: Another Red Band Trailer For Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters

Administrator

Default Another Red Band Trailer For Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters

The gory, slightly sweary, borderline nudie trailer premiered at Collider,?*who say:
    This new trailer sheds a bit more light on their backstory. Hansel and Gretel are revealed to have a motive for killing witches that goes beyond just having a badass profession.
    Hang on... they don't know the original story? We need a trailer now to tell us who Hansel and Gretel were? Seems like this might as well have been Jack and Jill: Witch Hunters.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErGy23X0B9Q[/youtube]

While I don't believe anybody making?*Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters?*wanted to make bad movie, I'm starting to think they weren't capable of making a good one.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    While I don't believe anybody making?*Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters?*wanted to make bad movie, I'm starting to think they weren't capable of making a good one.
    A little too soon to say, isn't it? McKay is usually pretty reliable. With Will Ferrell's involvement, you never know what you're going to get. Hopefully not another Land of the Lost.

How many steampunk fairy tales-ish movies we need to not see until Hollywood stop doing them?

Consultant of Cool

I won't be seeing this in the theaters, but Arterton merits a spot on my netflix queue.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

"Yeah, let's make a movie in which Hansel and Gretel grow up to be witch hunters, that's a great idea! Nothing can possibly go wrong!"

Seriously, I haven't seen the Lincoln-as-vampire-hunter flick, but at least it seemed to no take itself that seriously.
    Ganymede likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary Cyke View Post
    "Yeah, let's make a movie in which Hansel and Gretel grow up to be witch hunters, that's a great idea! Nothing can possibly go wrong!"

Seriously, I haven't seen the Lincoln-as-vampire-hunter flick, but at least it seemed to no take itself that seriously.
    I have seen all three Lincoln movies (Lincoln vs. Zombies is especially cheesy!) as well as Honest Abe's appearance on the original Star Trek, and can truly say that the Vampire Hunter is my personal fave.
    I actually like the Hansel and Gretel concept. Unless they grew up and started an organization to find missing children or abolishing sweets, witch-hunting seems a viable option.