Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Red Band Trailer For The New Evil Dead

Administrator

Default Full Red Band Trailer For The New Evil Dead

Here's a pretty convincing red band trailer for the Evil Dead do-over.

You'll recognise many of the plot points from the original film but there seems to be one big, significant change becoming apparent...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im6koyYDwcA[/youtube]

It's starting to look like this film doesn't focus so much on an Ash figure, a human survivor, but on one of the victims - Jane Levy's character. It may be down to how the trailer is cut, but it's starting to seem this way - and that's certainly a pretty clever way to rebalance the narrative. Reports have claimed that Levy's character is suffering from a drug addiction, which could be another key bit of the construction that puts her front and centre.

I'm very keen to see if the classic Evil Dead shape really has been remolded this way.

If you watch that trailer via the official YouTube channel you can record your reaction - your scream, they say - and share it with the world. Why would anybody want to do that?

Exceedingly Cool

I'm sorry, but this looks like a whole lot of "let's make the remake SUPER gory simply for shock value."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    I'm sorry, but this looks like a whole lot of "let's make the remake SUPER gory simply for shock value."
    Is it possible that it could be SUPER gory for any other reason? If you'd agree so, how do you know it's not being done on that account?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    In its defense its not like the original movies WEREN'T super gory.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this. If they are moving away from Ash as the trailer seems to indicate I think it the right direction for it. And going to the cabin for a detox seems like an idea full of potential.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic on this. If they are moving away from Ash as the trailer seems to indicate I think it the right direction for it. And going to the cabin for a detox seems like an idea full of potential.
    I just wish it wasn't called "Evil Dead". Evil Dead = Ash = Bruce Campbell. Even if he's producing it, it's not something I'd care to see without him as the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by GLuke View Post
    I just wish it wasn't called "Evil Dead". Evil Dead = Ash = Bruce Campbell. Even if he's producing it, it's not something I'd care to see without him as the lead.
    I can completely understand that. I'd probably be anticipating it more if it wasn't called Evil Dead myself. The name brings a lot of expectations that if it was just a "cabin in the woods" movie they wouldn't have to worry about.

I can completely understand that. I'd probably be anticipating it more if it wasn't called Evil Dead myself. The name brings a lot of expectations that if it was just a "cabin in the woods" movie they wouldn't have to worry about.
    But it uses so much iconography from Evil Dead that it wouldn't really be possible to call it anything else. People would complain it was just a rip-off then.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    But it uses so much iconography from Evil Dead that it wouldn't really be possible to call it anything else. People would complain it was just a rip-off then.
    I guess what I was trying to say is that the Detox-Possession-Isolation idea seems good enough to me to stand on its own without needing to be a remake. The rest is just window dressing that could easily be changed.

Wrote the Book on Cool DarkKnightJared's Avatar

In its defense its not like the original movies WEREN'T super gory.

I think there is a change in that all the characters now have a personality/decent actors portraying them, but note that one of the girls has to cut off their arm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast