Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixar's 2014, 2015 And 2016 Films - First-Look Concept Art Revealed

Administrator

Default Pixar's 2014, 2015 And 2016 Films - First-Look Concept Art Revealed

Pixar have sent out a New Year's card to Coming Soon, who scanned it and posted the featured concept art online. As well as a previously seen bit of Monsters University work, there's something from 2014, '15 and '16 too.

Here are the two lead characters of The Good Dinosaur:

Pixar head honcho John Lasseter described the film like this:

What if the meteor that killed off the dinosaurs missed Earth and dinosaurs kept living? It?s really a great story because they are very funny dinosaurs. They are kind of cartoony but they are dinosaurs, they are not walking around with clothes on or anything like that, they still are kind of dinosaurs. We focused on mostly the plant-eaters, not the carnivores? Their society becomes more of an agrarian society, meaning farmers. They become farmers.

It?s a very funny story about a certain way of life that a young dinosaur has trouble fitting into and he ends up going on this quest. He kind of messes up and he has to put everything right by going on this quest and on that quest he meets this our character that is an outcast from his society too and so the two of them form this bond and it becomes this unique kind of story? kind of hard to describe. It?s a very special, very emotional story but it?s so quirky and nutty.

And now from Pete Docter's film, which we believe is called The Inside Out:

Lasseter described this one like this:

It takes place in the mind. Pete has this way of constantly trying to figure out something that we?re all familiar with in some way? he?s constantly looking for these kinds of things. You look at people oftentimes and they do something to make you go ?What are they thinking?? or it?s like how a song gets stuck in your head and you just can?t get it out. Little quirky thing alike this that we all do.

Certain emotions just seem to take us over, anger or happiness, where you start giggling and laughing and you can?t stop. He thought ?I want to take a look at that, explain that.? His idea is that the emotions of this little girl are the characters and it takes place in the head of this little girl, and shows how they control things that go on. It?s very, very clever and it?s truly unlike anything you?ve ever seen, yet it explains things you?ve seen.

And finally, a concept art image from Lee Unkrich's next, an as-yet untitled film about Dia de los Muertos:

Has GeefWee Boedoe returned to do more concept art for Pixar? Looks like his style.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I'm going to be really disappointed if that day of the dead movie isn't based on Grim Fandango

First they rip-off Brother Bear with Brave, now they're ripping off Dinosaur?

They should at least rip-off good Disney movies!

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

And, apparently, Herman's Head?

Admittedly, it will likely be much sweeter & cuter....

Mario Di Giacomo

Account Closed

I'm guessing that Big Hero 6 will be produced from Disney/ Buena Vista rather than Disney/ Pixar?

I dig that concept art. It would be awesome to have a mainstream movie with a theme concerning the Day of the Dead.

What about Andrew Stanton's "Finding Nemo 2"?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    now they're ripping off Dinosaur?
    Well from the synopsis "Dinosaurs" (which I haven't seen yet) seemed to be a rip-off of "The Land before Time" anyway.

気持ち悪い

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalClavicles View Post
    I'm guessing that Big Hero 6 will be produced from Disney/ Buena Vista rather than Disney/ Pixar?
    I thought that for tv project handled by Man of Action?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Well from the synopsis "Dinosaurs" (which I haven't seen yet) seemed to be a rip-off of "The Land before Time" anyway.
    Quite so, and I was going to add that but decided to stick with Disney films. Land Before Time rocks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    I dig that concept art. It would be awesome to have a mainstream movie with a theme concerning the Day of the Dead.
    just for awesomes sake, it should have a Jack Skellington cameo.

But Yeah, day of the dead always fascinated me, I might enjoy it
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast