Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nimbus

Thread: Four New Star Trek Into Darkness Images, New Plot Details

Administrator

Default Four New Star Trek Into Darkness Images, New Plot Details

The last issue of Empire magazine for 2012 is to be a 2013 preview, as you might expect, and so it follows that Star Trek Into Darkness features heavily.

Here are two new stills that will feature in their article, and the two alternative character covers - including a text-free, subscriber's only version of the Benedict Cumberbatch one.

Hand cuffs are like so in right now. Maybe not as much as glass containment cells but, as you can see, they've got that covered too.

Star Trek Into Darkness will be along in May when we can find out what original ideas and imagery it contains. Looking forward to it.

UPDATE: The actual article in the magazine contains this new description of the film's plot premise. It's a slight advance on the old news:
    with Earth under terrorist attack from Benedict Cumberbatch?s ex-Starfleet employee John Harrison, Kirk is this time forced into a rash decision that breaks a critical Starfleet command, puts his crew in danger & costs him his captain?s chair. Now out of uniform and dressed down in space civvies of black leather jackets and boots, our three heroes have separated from the Enterprise and headed off on a mission to try and rectify his mistake?

Way Cool

"Glass containment cell"

A better guess would be transparent aluminum

Consultant of Cool mercifulbudah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C. Wallace View Post
    "Glass containment cell"

Never gets created. Space paradox. Also, whales never brought into the future from the past because Enterprise crew is stuck on Earth when space probe shows up because there's no reason to go to Vulcan because Spock never dies because Khan is defeated 15 years early.

This hurts my thinkerbox...

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by C. Wallace View Post
    "Glass containment cell"

In this new, alternate timeline, they invent transparent aluminium instead. And a periodic table that spells the elements correctly.
    Eric Sean likes this.

Eg. Part of me wats to complain that the more I hear about the plot.. the less it soubds like Sta Trek. Is this Star Trek or new BSG? Why do we have terrorist attacks on Earth instead of exploring the stars? New life and new civilizations? Eh.. at the same time.. It sounds complicated and I ak interesting where his takes Kirk and his crew.

VP in Charge of Cool Captain Comet's Avatar

Oh yes! I was hoping for a movie where the crew abandons the ship! Who needs that pesky Enterprise anyway?*

*Says the guy who's favorite movie of the bunch was Star Trek IV.....

Consultant of Cool mercifulbudah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Eg. Part of me wats to complain that the more I hear about the plot.. the less it soubds like Sta Trek. Is this Star Trek or new BSG? Why do we have terrorist attacks on Earth instead of exploring the stars? New life and new civilizations? Eh.. at the same time.. It sounds complicated and I ak interesting where his takes Kirk and his crew.
    It is starting to sound suspiciously like that story about Kevin Smith writing a Superman movie.