Thread: And You Thought It Was Hard To Avoid Movie Spoilers These Days... In 1982 It Was Nuts

Administrator

Default And You Thought It Was Hard To Avoid Movie Spoilers These Days... In 1982 It Was Nuts

1982 is often touted as the best year ever for geek-friendly genre cinema. This video may well reinforce that belief for you as it previews some of the year's big sci-fi releases... and spoils key, secret plot points of Star Trek 2 and Blade Runner into the bargain.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf39eB1YGUo[/youtube]

He just smashes straight into that Trek spoiler. Wow. When he said that "not much" is known about ET I think he means he doesn't know the end but he'd tell you it if he did. Also, I think we can now conclude that Deckard isn't a replicant because this chap sure as hell would have pointed it out if he was.

So, can we stop blaming the internet for spoiler culture now?

Thanks to Kyle Hebert for the video.

What the hell, Brendon?! I still haven't seen Poltergeist, where's the fracking spoiler tag?

Joking aside, I am surprised he let slip about Spock as that it a fairly big spoiler in the movie. This guy would dine in today's spoilery climate as he'd have more footage to go with it since trailers these days don't know the meaning of the word "tease".
    "Walking bones!"

I imagine this guy also told you what The Crying Game was, said what was in the box at the end of S7ven, and I'm sure he spoiled every M. Night Shyamalamadingdong movie ever released. So basically, what a dick!

Consultant of Cool Quantum Mortal's Avatar

I'm actually surprised the big twist in Empire Strikes Back wasn't leaked before it was released. I don't think it could be done in today's atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Mortal View Post
    I'm actually surprised the big twist in Empire Strikes Back wasn't leaked before it was released. I don't think it could be done in today's atmosphere.
    You mean that C3P0 gets blown to bits, right?