Thread: Sequel To Anna Kendrick's Pitch Perfect Planned

Administrator

Default Sequel To Anna Kendrick's Pitch Perfect Planned

There's a lot of reasons to enjoy Pitch Perfect, not least of which is Anna Kendrick's musical cups routine. Add to this some good gags, breezy-silly pop music and a strong supporting cast and I'm not surprised the film was a popular hit.

And so it follows that Universal will want a sequel. Speaking to Movieweb, male leadSkylar Astin says he's on the wish list for returning cast members - and he's not the only one:
    I do have a meeting with a Universal representative next week. And I know that Rebel Wilson had hers last weekend. It's definitely a talking point.
    I'm sure that they'll be speaking to Kendrick too, and if they can get her - or if they have her on a multi-film contract, and exercise that option - we'll be seeing a sequel.

The original Pitch Perfect opens in UK cinemas this Friday. I saw it in LA a few weeks back and enjoyed it, with a few reservations about its portrayal of gay characters and a bit of naff slapstick. It's broadly comparable to Bring It On but certainly not as sharp or well made. Still, I think it's fun and that's sometimes enough.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Oy vey! First one looked like high school musical only with college kids

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Oh god. Somehow I know my girlfriend will drag me to this one, too......