Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII Plot Details Start Popping Up - But Are They Right?

Administrator

Default Star Wars VII Plot Details Start Popping Up - But Are They Right?

Maybe somebody working for Reuters has some info on the next Star Wars film that they're just taking for granted, or maybe they've just assumed that rumour is truth, but a new story has just tossed out some huge plot details without even skipping a beat.

The article is about Tikal in Guatemala which stood in for Yavin 4 in the saga. Here's what they say about the upcoming movie:
    Yavin 4 and the rebel base return to the Star Wars plot in the forthcoming Episode VII, announced in October by the Walt Disney Co, in which Skywalker comes back to the planet to build a Jedi Knight academy. However, fans said that Disney will likely film those scenes in a studio rather than return to Tikal.
    Hang on... how do they know this?

Well, there's one pretty loud alarm bell, I think - the reference to what "fans said." It seems like this Reuters report (found via The Guardian) is using fans for a source, somewhere along the line. That's never good for credibility.

But this venerable news institution, staffed with countless trained journalists and capable of deep research and fact checking on a suitable scale, may well just have found details of what Michael Arndt and Lucasfilm have cooked up for us somewhere within their grasp.

Just maybe.

The Jedi Academy has featured in tie-in novels and video games. It doesn't sound too unlikely that it's somewhere to go with the main movies too, wouldn't you say? I suppose even if Reuters report ends up right it might be down to no more than sheer luck.

Consultant of Cool

Maybe it's just a quiet day in the office, and they're winding down for Christmas?
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga

The ongoing plot is that Luke develops the new Jedi order ... I believe ... so it's not inconceivable.

Alternatively .... I'd just start from scratch on Episode one ;-) .... wait ... no I'd do that if I were Warner/DC ;-)

I'm excited about new Star Wars films (that aren't directed by George Lucas), but I don't know that I want to see Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford in those roles.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    I'm excited about new Star Wars films (that aren't directed by George Lucas), but I don't know that I want to see Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford in those roles.
    I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    I do!
    Well, I don't.

(so now we fight?)

Reuters is in the know and Chewbacca is going to lose all his hair because of old age.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    Well, I don't.

(so now we fight?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    The place: Kitchen Stadium!

Secret ingredient: butthurt!!

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters
    Yavin 4 and the rebel base return to the Star Wars plot in the forthcoming Episode VII, announced in October by the Walt Disney Co, in which Skywalker comes back to the planet to build a Jedi Knight academy.
    Mark Hamill is 30 years older now. After the Emperor died, Luke Skywalker waited for 30 years before he decided to start up a Jedi academy?!

Hmmm... My Spi... Octi-Sense tells me to question this story's veracity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast