Thread: Is There Another Transformers Film Coming That Has Nothing To Do With Michael Bay?

Administrator

Default Is There Another Transformers Film Coming That Has Nothing To Do With Michael Bay?

I think we've seen Michael Bay bend the truth a little before, and we've sometimes seen him come clean. I don't know what's really behind a new update on his website but it could just be the man spitballing, could be his way of backpedalling a little on yesterday's comments, or could be based on info he's just now become privy to.

Here's the new update, added as a postscript to the previous one:
    P.S. I bet it is something from Hasbro. This time they are not doing a comic book of the movie because we want to keep our story under wraps. It must be their version of a comic themed Transformers story they are creating.
    So, coincidentally to Michael Bay making a new Transformers film with a female lead, a Wahlberg-y role and young chap who drives race cars, Hasbro are planning the same?

I don't know why he's made this new statement. Trying to figure out that is the only thing stopping me from thinking the whole thing was fake. What's his motivation here?

It's interesting to see Bay claim there will be no comic book adaptation of his new film in order to protect the secrets. But that's a good bit of ancillary income tossed aside there, isn't it?

Transformers 4 will start shooting in the spring for a 2014 release date.

Are comic book adaptations big money? Just judging from the graphic novel discount bins it doesn't seem like it most of the time.

Consultant of Cool

Or maybe it's because almost all of the DotM comic got leaked, for free viewing online, before the film came out?
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga

Consultant of Cool

Let's just say that this so-called leak has many issues, not least using Marvel-owned characters. However, as for where the actual script development currently stands does mean we can't rule this out being a WIP draft. But we've been here before. Anyone remember the TF2 'script' with Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod? Yes?

But if it looks like s*it, and smells like s*it, then...

Zen Master of Cool

Needs a reboot damn it!

How do you spoil a movie with such little in the way of plot? Does Bay dislike people knowing the numbers of explosions in his movies or that they will catch all the faults in the story beforehand?
    Surgeon General Warning! Sigs are bad for your health!

Exceedingly Cool

As said on my site (plug: TFlive.com), this is likely an over-response to the leak of Dark of the Moon story a month before the movie came out. Bay had made an effort to keep most of the story under wraps (knew most of the characters, most of the locations but not the story details) but Amazon accidently leaked the entire story online (including the Sentinel Prime goes rogue, kills Ironhide part) about a month before the movie was released. I am betting Bay is still very sore about that considering a year and half of secrets was blown at essentially the five yard line (to mix metaphors). It wasn't Hasbro or IDW's fault but Bay just knows a comic leaked the story...so no comic to leak it again.

As for the script, its fake. Not because of Bay's comment but because it is just chock full of "fan wank." Its stuff that only die hard transfan gives to craps about and would want in a story whether it belongs or not. It would be like if saw a leaked script for Dark Knight Rises (before it came out) that had Superman vs Batman in it. You wouldn't need Nolan to tell you it was fake, you would just know it. Same here.