Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vin Diesel Will Be Kojak, Bond Guys Putting Words And Lollipops Into His Mouth

Administrator

Default Vin Diesel Will Be Kojak, Bond Guys Putting Words And Lollipops Into His Mouth

Universal has hired sometime Bond writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade to script their Kojak movie. It's going to star Vin Diesel because he's already bald and that's obviously what they're going for here. Somebody bald and known for being bald.

Me, I'd have gone for Samuel L. Jackson and shaved him. And not just because I like Jackson with a smooth dome.According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio has been hearing a lot of pitches for this project and it was Purvis and Wade who nailed it for them.

Now... can somebody remind me exactly what it was about Kojak that made him interesting? You know, apart from the bald thing?

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Now... can somebody remind me exactly what it was about Kojak that made him interesting? You know, apart from the bald thing?
    The stories were mostly set in a gritty, realistic (sort of) and violent 1970s New York with tough crooks facing an even tougher cop: Kojak.

And you forgot about the lollipop.

Who loves ya, baby?

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Jensen View Post
    The stories were mostly set in a gritty, realistic (sort of) and violent 1970s New York with tough crooks facing an even tougher cop: Kojak.

And you forgot about the lollipop.

Who loves ya, baby?
    That, and Telly, baby. Telly brought his own charisma. It will be interesting to see if they try to ape Telly's charisma or bring Vin's own brand and go somewhere new with it.

Comicsfan101 and Lars Jensen hit it on the nose. Charisma and Confidence. Vin Diesel is nothing if not confident! Love that he growled at the Latin Grammys. SERIOUSLY, who does that?! Women will eat this show UP! Vin Diesel presenta a Don Omar Premios Billboard 2009 - YouTube No further explanation needed.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Today has not been a great day for casting news

Bah. Damn racebending. Telly Savalas was a Greek icon. Now we have Hollywood casting a non Greek in the role. Actually... sisn't Ving Rhames already do this for a short lived tv show? Bah. There is already one well know bald Greek guy perfect for the role. Billy Zane. I love Vin. He is awesome. Plus a bonafide DnD playn nerd. Yet.. he is jist not Greek. This is almost as bad as Jenifer Garner as Elektra. Didn't even cast an Italian. Not that casting was the biggest issue with that film.. ugh.

So yet again Hollywood continues its persecution of my people with its casting. And we know how to cast actors. We invented it. Just like we invented the kimono.

Being greek isnt a race xenos...

Wrote the Book on Cool

Actually i think this could work. Vin can act, i think people forget that.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Sorry, i love Billy Zane but he's not Kojak.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Whats a Kojak? Some kind of LoJack?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast