Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brendon Connelly

Thread: Before Fincher's Remake, See The Original - House Of Cards Trilogy Hit Blu-Ray And DVD In January

Administrator

Default Before Fincher's Remake, See The Original - House Of Cards Trilogy Hit Blu-Ray And DVD In January

Andrew Davies' adaptation of the tense, sharply, caustically funny political thriller House of Cards is amongst the best TV I've ever seen play out live. In January, though, it's going to get even better as there's a new Blu-ray edition coming, remastered from the original film elements. This is going to blow the old BBC broadcast and my VHS copies out of the water.

For those note yet HD ready, there's a DVD version boiled down from the same master too.

Amazon have a pre-order up for the full House of Cards trilogy, including the first series and the sequels To Play the King and Final Cut. The street date is January 15th, two weeks ahead of the premiere date for Netflix and David Fincher's do-over.

On Blu-ray it's priced at $34.99 and on DVD at $29.83.

Thanks to TV Shows on DVD for the cover art.
    Peter J Poole likes this.

Currently attaching this via Love a film, it's fantastic. Just waiting on the second to arrive!
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Consultant of Cool

Ian Richardson was never, ever better.

What is on this in the way of extras? My old DVD set still serves me perfectly well...
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga

Exceedingly Cool The Last Ronin's Avatar

Fantastic series and I can't wait for the Fincher version.

Consultant of Cool

I really hope Spacey nails that naughty, charming, cheeky twinkle Richardson brought to the part. Without it, FU is just a plain-but-clever politically murderous SOB. Haven't seen it yet in the trailers, but fingers crossed.
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga