Thread: First Poster For A Field In England Suggests The Film Was Released Between 1970 And 1982

Administrator

Default First Poster For A Field In England Suggests The Film Was Released Between 1970 And 1982

Appearing originally as an online poster last week, the first promo sheet for Ben Wheatley's A Field in England is, as of now, for sale in an extremely limited "real world" edition. There are just seventy five copies available, each of them an:
    A2 3-colour hand-pulled screenprint printed on 220gsm Cyclus Offset.
    Sounds like collectors will do a back flip. I can't say I'm tempted to put ?25 down myself though, not while there are so many cinema tickets, DVDs and Blu-rays to buy.

There's clearly something of a retro vibe about the poster, and I'm sure Witchfinder General will come to mind for most who are lucky enough to have seen it.

My favourite touch is the little AA marking. AA was a BBFC certificate throughout the 70s and up until the 15 was invented in 1982. It prohibited people under the age of fourteen from viewing a film and was the next rating down from an X.

Exceedingly Cool

The date in the copyright notice is 1913, which doesn't seem entirely likely.