Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Trailer For Oblivion - Huge Sci-Fi From Tom Cruise And The Director Of Tron Legacy - VIDEO FIXED AGAIN

Administrator

Default First Trailer For Oblivion - Huge Sci-Fi From Tom Cruise And The Director Of Tron Legacy - VIDEO FIXED AGAIN

A subtitled version of the Oblivion trailer has sneaked out online via one of UIP's international channels, but that one was quickly pulled.

But I think this one still works...

Crikey, a lot of that seemed rather over familiar. Read my shot-by-shot breakdown for a lot more detail.

The official English language version is due tomorrow. Expect it to be the same, just not subtitled.

looks good, i like that ship design
    "However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum." - ThanosCopter

http://timberoo.deviantart.com/

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Jeez. I already know the whole story from the trailer. I HATE THAT.

Here's what I think happens:

Pontential spoilers:

Jack was there 60 years ago. Like the survivors he was placed in suspended animation. It's obvious the Earth goverment who left Earth wanted him. Took his pod and then reawoke him and messed around with his memories. That's why he's reading old books and has a closeness with the past. Because that was his past. I wonder if that woman is his wife or girlfriend. Or some sort of relative.

I won't catch it in the theartres unless it's got good word of mouth. But I might catch it on tv in a couple of years.

Removed by user. Shame.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverseman.com View Post
    Looks pretty badass.
    I agree. This and Jack reacher both look badass

Wrote the Book on Cool Dave Elliott's Avatar

And what Rich fails to mention is this is Radical's first feature film...

Wrote the Book on Cool

I have a feeling its a quasi Matrix-esque movie. Where instead of all the humans being hooked up to machines most of them have been killed. Cruise and his female partner are unaware of all this since being in suspended animation or something similar and led to believe they won the war. They are told they have to serve some type of term fixing the drones and after a few years are allowed to "rejoin" everyone. Truth is they are just killed and replaced with two others. The reasoning for the swapping is to make sure they don't learn the truth.
    The truth is that the "humans" lost the war and the bad guys have long since left. They left the drones around to make sure the rest of "humanity" is killed off. They program the drones to ignore two humans per I guess cycle so as to repair them. Morgan Freeman's character is some type of leader to a resistance cell trying his best to get Cruise to help them out (maybe to kill some type of mother ship in Earths orbit?).
    Man I watch/read to much sci-fi. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but this does look very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Elliott View Post
    And what Rich fails to mention is this is Radical's first feature film...
    Any word on the book? I've been waiting for it since Radical first showed off some pages for it.
    "Walking bones!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast