Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sin City 2 Will See Dennis Haysbert Fill In For The Late Michael Clarke Duncan

Administrator

Default Sin City 2 Will See Dennis Haysbert Fill In For The Late Michael Clarke Duncan

Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller have cast 24's Dennis Haysbert as Manute in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, which has been shooting in Austin.

The role was played by Michael Clarke Duncan in the original film. He sadly passed away in September.

The Hollywood Reporter note that some intermittent shooting days are scheduled for the film between now and Christmas before the production goes "full force" in January.

Here's Rodriguez statement on the recasting:
    Manute is a character that has been part of the heart of theSin Citytales and the late Michael Clarke Duncan beautifully established that role on screen. We could not tell the story ofSin City: A Dame to Kill Forwithout Manute and are thrilled to welcome Dennis Haysbert to the cast.
    Jamie Chung was previously cast to fill in as Miho for Devon Aoki, and I expect there's more recasting to come. I have to say I'm most curious about how the filmmakers are going to fill one of the new roles, though - the title's Dame, Ms. Ava lord.

He has big shoes to fill, i hope he makes the role his own
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Why is Aoki out!?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Wrote the Book on Cool DarkKnightJared's Avatar

The question that comes to my mind now is this: will they recast Shellie, since Britney Murphy died back in '09?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post
    The question that comes to my mind now is this: will they recast Shellie, since Britney Murphy died back in '09?
    Yeesh, is that movie cursed?

Wrote the Book on Cool ThatNickGuy's Avatar

No kidding. Someone needs to keep a close eye on the other actors, just in case. Don't worry, guys. I'll cover Jessica Alba. *creepy eyebrow wiggle*

I love Clarke and Haysbert. While I'm glad to see more of Haysbert in such a big role, I'm sorry that he had to get the job in this way.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason ― Mark Twain

He has big shoes to fill,
    No joke. Haysbert's physical dimensions are the only reason he can't quite (ahem) measure up to Michael Clarke Duncan.

Here's an interesting thought, though: I can't remember Dennis Haysbert in any other 'low life'-type roles. He's the President of the United States to me, or a military officer, or Nelson Mandela. That's a nice career...

Good news, AFAIC. I've liked the guy since I first saw him in 24 - he's definitely got the screen presence to pull this off.
    Last edited by paulski; 12-06-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Amergin View Post
    Why is Aoki out!?
    I honestly think she left acting. She hasn't filmed a movie in 5 years. I believe she went back to modeling. And even if she were still acting, she's currently about 8 months pregnant, so she would have been replaced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    No joke. Haysbert's physical dimensions are the only reason he can't quite (ahem) measure up to Michael Clarke Duncan.

Here's an interesting thought, though: I can't remember Dennis Haysbert in any other 'low life'-type roles. He's the President of the United States to me, or a military officer, or Nelson Mandela. That's a nice career...
    He's still a big guy. At 6'4, he's only an inch shorter than Duncan. He could put on a little bit of muscle. Sure, he won't be a large as Duncan, but he'd be big enough. And since this takes place in the past, it makes sense that he could have had less mass back then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast