Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Captain Comet

Thread: Seth MacFarlane's Next Movie Is... A Western? He's Writing, Directing And Starring

Administrator

Default Seth MacFarlane's Next Movie Is... A Western? He's Writing, Directing And Starring

[caption id="attachment_210833" align="alignright" width="350"] Family Guy does Deadwood[/caption]

I'm not a fan of Family Guy, and I've had almost no time for American Dad, but I enjoyed Ted a great deal. For some reason, Seth MacFarlane's moviemaking was much more suited to my tastes - a focus, less smugness, more determination to actually be about something and tell a story - then his... um... telemaking.

So I've certainly been looking forward to seeing what he'll pull out of the bag next. Somewhere down the line there's a Ted seuqel coming, but next up, and straight out of left field, is a Western.

MacFarlane has scripted A Million Ways to Die in the West with Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild, and is set to star and direct.

The Hollywood Reporter believe that the film will be:
    a Western with contemporary humor, with one undercurrent being just how dangerous and painful life really was in the late 1800s.
    Perhaps more than an undercurrent, bearing in mind the title.

It's an interesting theme. I'm certainly rooting for this one - right now it needs studio backing, but Ted was such a smash it's more a case of who, rather then if.

Kind of seems like he's just re-doing Blazing Saddles.

It'll probably be funny though.

Exceedingly Cool

Hopefully this will film will flop and end his reign of terror.

VP in Charge of Cool Captain Comet's Avatar

Brendan you crazy. American Dad is his best show and probably one of the best animated comedies out right now.
    die-yng likes this.

Consultant of Cool

Maybe it's about Cal Johnson.

Consultant of Cool oz the malefic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    Brendan you crazy. American Dad is his best show and probably one of the best animated comedies out right now.
    Because Seth has so little to do with it. He's not the writer, he's not a showrunner, he's a co-creator of the original concept and a voice talent. But his name is always at the top.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    Seconded. But to be fair, it took a while for American Dad to "click" with me -- it's less broad and accessible than Family Guy (or Cleveland Show for that matter), so I'm not surprised when people say they don't dig it. I felt the same way about the Tim and Eric Show (and Stella back in the day). If you don't like any of those, you'll probably think I'm an idiot. For me it's the Venture Brothers. Seen it, get why people might be into it, but don't "get" it. Maybe someday it'll click with me, so hasn't happened yet.

Have a good day.
    John Cage

Bleeding Cool

How can you not like american dad?! USA USA

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    I'm not a fan of Family Guy,
    Uh-oh, we're not off to a good start here...

and I've had almost no time for American Dad,
    Quickly losing interest here...

but I enjoyed Ted a great deal.
    Oh, okay now we are back on track. ' Though I don't really understand how you can like Ted and not like Family Guy.

I'm not that fond of Western comedies, (Blazing Saddles isn't exactly my favourite Mel Brooks flic, 'though I do like him), but I just might be interested in a Seth McFarlane Western.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I really enjoyed Ted so I'm excited to see what he does with this movie