Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Look Images: Jeff Bridges And Julianne Moore In Witch Hunt Fantasy Film, Seventh Son

Administrator

Default First Look Images: Jeff Bridges And Julianne Moore In Witch Hunt Fantasy Film, Seventh Son

I don't know for sure why the film ofJoseph Delaney's The Spook's Apprentice has undergone a name change to Seventh Son but I could hazard a guess. The story is a fantasy set in something like Dark Ages England, and in the movie will pit Jeff Bridges as a kind of staff-fighting ghostbuster against Julianne Moore as a wicked witch.

The lead character is to be the apprentice to Bridges' character, played by Ben Barnes, the seventh son of the title.

Two images from the film have been published by USA Today and reveal all of the leads - only one of them in borderline comical soft focus.

Ms. Moore joins Angelina Jolie in Maleficent, and Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams and Mila Kunis in Oz The Great and Powerful, in the queue of upcoming Cinematic Sexy Witches. That's enough to call it a trend, right?

USA Today spoke to Bridges about his character, Gregory:
    He's an interesting cat. He's appreciated for keeping evil away, but he's also a frightening figure to the townspeople. When you mess around with darkness, some of that gets in you, too.
    And then about Moore:
    In real life, she's gorgeous, and she's gorgeously grotesque.She's really something to behold in this.
    Yeah? I'll guess we'll find out why when the film rolls out next October. It's a good cast, so I'd like to be hopeful.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Well, there is also Famke Janssen in Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters. And technically Charlize Theron and Julia Roberts also played witches this year. All in all, you can call it a trend.

Theres now add between post? Or that just my phone?

Big Lebowski reunion!

I assume the name was changed for one of two, or possibly both, these reasons: 1) Spook is also a racial slur, 2) Nobody wants it confused with The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Big Lebowski reunion!

I assume the name was changed for one of two, or possibly both, these reasons: 1) Spook is also a racial slur, 2) Nobody wants it confused with The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
    How is spook is racial slur? And one day there will a sequel of some sort

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    How is spook is racial slur? And one day there will a sequel of some sort
    It just is.

Urban Dictionary: spook

spook - definition of spook by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I see . I wouldnt think you could get that meaning out of that word.

Yay, I like the books.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Big Lebowski reunion!

I assumed it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    Well, there is also Famke Janssen in Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters. And technically Charlize Theron and Julia Roberts also played witches this year. All in all, you can call it a trend.
    Ah, Famke, yes! And Monica Bellucci in Brothers Grimm and Michelle Pfeiffer in Stardust.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Ah, Famke, yes! And Monica Bellucci in Brothers Grimm and Michelle Pfeiffer in Stardust.
    Eva Green in Dark Shadows.

Also about the title, I wonder if it will not confuse some Orson Scott Card's fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast