Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: One Million Moms Don't Like Person Of Interest And Its "Way Of Promoting The Homosexual Agenda"

Administrator

Default One Million Moms Don't Like Person Of Interest And Its "Way Of Promoting The Homosexual Agenda"

There are many reasons to not likePerson of Interest, but I would never personally have alighted on the one that has rankled One Million Moms, the Christian Conservative campaign group.

Here's their latest complaint, with the occasional pause for a little head scratching.

Many One Million Moms supporters have contacted us in concern that a go-to show for parents and older children is no longer acceptable to watch. Several of our members were regular viewers of the CBS program Person of Interest, until now.

If there's literally one million of them, we might see this boycott reflected in next week's ratings. But I bet you we don't.

This is not necessarily a show for young children since it is action packed with some violence and a 14-V rating, but one of the few programs on television that is fairly clean with no foul language or nudity.

Can't young children watch action packed TV - or was that just a redundant clause? And do we really have to list all of the TV shows without "foul language or nudity"? There's dozens. American network TV is borderline Victorian in those respects.

One Million Moms members have said they thoroughly enjoyed this series that airs on Thursday evenings at 9:00/8:00 Central. It is a fresh, intriguing, and extremely interesting show. As a piece of "escapism" there is no better show!

Wrong. Except for the bit about when it airs. That's right.

One Million Moms is disappointed that CBS and Warner Brothers turned Person of Interest into a politically correct machine.

In mid-November, an episode aired that went way too far in an attempt to normalize homosexuality when creator and producer, J.J. Abrams, decided to introduce a married lesbian couple.

"Way too far" they say - so is there a lesser degree that would have been acceptable?

Viewers find out the female heart surgeon's spouse is actually another woman. They treated this immoral relationship just like any other married couple. Clearly this is a way of promoting the homosexual agenda by making it appear absolutely normal.

And... yeah. The Moms don't like homosexuality, they think that a lesbian marriage is "immoral" and isn't "absolutely normal."

Depending on what normal means they might just be right on the last count, not that I can see how it would do their argument any good. A man being given information about people who may or may not be about to commit serious crimes probably normal that normal either.

And this final passage seems to be a touch hypocritical.
    Please send an email letter and request that they stay true to their original style instead of becoming politically correct. Let them know that they do not need to follow the trend in normalizing homosexuality, or they will lose a majority of their viewers that tuned in for clean entertainment that did not push any certain agenda.
    So they want us to push their agenda that TV shows shouldn't be allowed push agendas? Surely that's mediaism? Why's it alright for e-mail but not the television?

I hope it's alright for blogs...

That's perfectly fine.

I mean, if you could call out and boycott a writer for the jokes he made, there's absolutely no reason not to do the same for a tv show that does something you don't like. Keep up the good fight Moms, it's the definitely the way to go about things.

Exceedingly Cool

50k mindless followers strong.

I got banned from their FB page for quoting scripture to them.

Assholes.
    jackmurphy1969 likes this.

Dean of Cool University Grendel's Avatar

I like the show. The only thing my Mom doesn't like is how John sounds like Batman.

I like the show too. It is basically Batman without the costume and gadgets. I don't get all the negativity towards it.
    ArnimZagarian and smokescreen like this.

A conservative Christian group boycotting a show that stars a Jesus they went out in droves for in cinemas.. and brought their children to see even though it was a hard R that looked like a damn snuff film... all because a lesbian couple shows up on the show.. brilliant.

And don't bother quoting scripture to these retards. There is nothing in the Gospels against homosexuality. All they grasp for is a line from Paul's epistles which echos some old testament rules.. which shouldn't matter if what Christ brings is truly a new an everlasting covenant with God. Maybe they should try living the Gospels of Jesus Christ instead of preaching based on their own hatred.

I thought the episode in question handled the subject matter exceptionally, none of the characters involved even blinked at the sexuality of that week's "number" (the person they help each week), and that's the way it should be, sexuality is just a single aspect of your personality, not the be all and end all.

I really wish such groups were stop pretending to represent my faith! Speaking as Christian I'm starting to get really irritated by these bigoted groups! Almost as much as the poor Muslims who must be annoyed at the terrorists who blacken their religions name.

Exceedingly Cool
    The deepest pits of Hel, somewhere in southern germany

Is it really necessary to give those morons a platform for their agenda in writing about them on a somewhat popular news site?

If we just ignore them, maybe they'll just go away someday.
    twincast and Snow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by botc76 View Post
    Is it really necessary to give those morons a platform for their agenda in writing about them on a somewhat popular news site?

If we just ignore them, maybe they'll just go away someday.
    Nooo, this is the site where we cover every dumb boycott!

Way Cool

I guess they missed that episode of the Mentalist where pretty much the same thing happened.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast