Thread: Production Of Sherlock Series 3 Pushed Back

Administrator

Default Production Of Sherlock Series 3 Pushed Back

We're still a long way away from the BBC's Sherlock making it back to air, with official word from the Beeb being simply that it will screen before the end of 2013. Quite how near to the end of the year might have just been impacted. Perhaps. Just a little.

According to Entertainment Weekly, production on the third series has been pushed back from January to March. I'm sure the slate of films Benedict Cumberbatch keeps signing on to will have something to do with this. He's recently signed on to play Julian Assange in one movie and Brian Epstein in another, and I'm sure he's swatting away a pile of fresh scripts even as I type.

I doubt that this two month delay will impact the airdate much, if at all. The third series' position in the screening calendar was always going to be down to strategies far more subtle than "When do we start filming? Add nine months to that." It might make for a heavier, more hectic post production process, though. All of that colour correction and pop up text message business doesn't come quickly, you know.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    According to Entertainment Weekly, production on the third series has been pushed back from January to March. I'm sure the slate of films Benedict Cumberbatch keeps signing on to will have something to do with this.
    Is Martin Freeman done shooting the Hobbit movies?

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Jensen View Post
    Is Martin Freeman done shooting the Hobbit movies?
    He was, but since they are doing one more film, I wouldn't be surprised if he was still involved in additional filming that is going on right now.

Dean of Cool University FilmBuffRich's Avatar

IIRC he was supposed to head down to NZ in May to film some pick up stuff for films 2 & 3.

VP in Charge of Cool

I guess this means we'll celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who by watching a new episode of Sherlock that night.

Captain Cool

Noooooooooooo

At least it gives La Cumberbatch time for season 3 of Cabin Pressure...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Wrote the Book on Cool

I don't understand the fuss over the Sherlock series or Cumberbatch to be honest. Both the series and the actor have way too much smugness for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Pariscub View Post
    I don't understand the fuss over the Sherlock series or Cumberbatch to be honest. Both the series and the actor have way too much smugness for my taste.
    Mmmm... actor, or character? Because Holmes was always meant to be the smartest guy in the room and to know it....

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."