Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Chevy Chase Is Leaving Community, Effective Immediately

Administrator

Default Chevy Chase Is Leaving Community, Effective Immediately

Thanks to NBC's unpopular scheduling, most of the fourth season of Community is in the can, with just a couple more episodes to be produced. Indeed, the expectation is that this is to be the last run for the show, so they're pretty much done, all-in.

But Chevy Chase couldn't quite last it out. The Hollywood Reporter are telling us that Chase has not only has he left the show, supposedly by "mutual agreement" with the production, but that he's going now. Right now.

So, if they're going to deal with the sudden absence of his character Pierce Hawthorne, they'll have to do it without Chase's involvement.

The twist, though, is that the finale has already been filmed, and Chase is in it. Writer Megan Ganz tweeted the following image ten days ago, adding it "Day one of shooting the finale. I couldn't ask for a better group. #411"

I'm sure we'll find out the backstory to Chase's sudden departure soon, and I expect it will be every bit as disappointing as everything else we've heard about his time on the show.

Community will return to the air on February 7th.

Bleeding Cool

Three years too late...
    MicroZone and DarthEwok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    Three years too late...
    They should have switched out the actor for Pierce every year, and made a thing about it. Maybe have Abed be the only one to notice.

Captain Cool

I assume, if there are only a few episodes left to film, that Pearcie can just be off doing something else during those episodes, no need to even have an explanation, he just isn't around.

Zen Master of Cool

Eh, whatever. Chase was a real douche regarding the show from everything I've read.
    MicroZone and Pop-Tart Samson like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Chevy Who? Oh, that fellow who left SNL after 30 episodes and who hasn't done anything funny in 20 years...

His replacement was much better,and still is

Consultant of Cool GreenCatcher's Avatar

Why did he leave so abruptly ? It's not like he has anything in the pipeline at the moment.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatcher View Post
    Why did he leave so abruptly ? It's not like he has anything in the pipeline at the moment.
    He's never seemed to have any respect for the show. The interviews he's given over the last year or two have made it pretty clear he took the gig for the paycheck, this TV is a low form of entertainment, and sitcoms are the worst form of TV. He's said he doesn't think the show is funny and generally comes off like he believes he's better than the show (despite him being completely irrelevant since the 80s).

I've usually been indifferent toward Chevy (other than enjoying the first Vacation movie and The Christmas one too, and obviously Caddyshack is pretty great), but the way he's talked about the show is pretty disrespectful to the writers and his fellow cast members who really do seem passionate about the show and its fans. He really should have just left the show the moment he and Dan Harmon started having issues. Maybe then Harmon would still be running the show.

Good riddance.

Wrote the Book on Cool I_Captain Blanco's Avatar

Can we somehow retroactively get Dan Harmon back now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast