Thread: Tom Hardy Signed On To Splinter Cell Movie

Administrator

Default Tom Hardy Signed On To Splinter Cell Movie

Tom Hardy's trajectory from interesting actor to film lover's favourite on to tentpole... er... tentpole and finally to star of videogame movie is all but complete. See also: Michael Fassbender

Hardy has signed on to play Sam Fisher, lead of the Splinter Cell videogames in a new movie that, as of yet, hasn't even got the backing of a studio.The game follows the stealthy sneaking and creeping of Fisher, a special agent for the FSA - which basically amounts to him being a gadgety ninja.

Variety say that Ubisoft have been developing the film with screenwriter Eric Singer who previously penned The International and David O. Russell's pending picture that goes, for now, by the name of American Bullshit.

Ubisoft's statement says:
    Tom Hardy is currently one of the biggest talents in the film industry, and he has a phenomenal ability to take on complex and varied roles with his broad range of acting skills. His involvement in the 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' movie is exciting news for movie and video game fans alike. Meanwhile, Eric Singer is one of the most talented writers of the moment, and ... we're confident he'll bring a fresh approach and create a thrilling story ... while still respecting all the codes and traditions of the franchise that are so important to fans.
    Oh yes, I had forgotten this has anything to do with Tom Clancy.

With this and Assassin's Creed, the Fassbender picture that they've set up with New Regency and Fox, Ubisoft are starting to look like the new Hasbro. The Disney buyout rumours can't be more than ten minutes away, surely?

Seems like all sorts want in on the movie business. Can't say I blame them. So, join me here next month for word of Joseph Gordon Levitt teaming up with Mars Inc. for Twix the movie. They'll shoot both parts back to back then release them six months apart.

Bleeding Cool

Excellent choice!

While Michael Ironside (the actor who voiced him) will always be "Sam Fisher" for me, I recognize he's an old man and incapable of pulling this type of action role off. I hope he's in the movie, though.

Either way, good casting. Love me some Hardy.
    Traveling.

Hopefully this will be the "Sneak-and-Stealth" Sam Fisher from the first four games and not the "Last Stand 24/7" Sam Fisher who shoots at everything that moves from the last game (and as it seems from the upcoming one as well).

気持ち悪い

Zen Master of Cool

Tom Clancy has ZERO to do with the Ubisoft properties. He sold his name to them a few years ago. Seriously. He would only have some sort of involvement if the property was derived from his books, which Splinter Cell was not.