Thread: Bryan Singer Shares A Giant's Face And Some X-Men Info

Administrator

Default Bryan Singer Shares A Giant's Face And Some X-Men Info

Two shots in the original Jack the Giant Slayer trailer, back when he was a Killer and on schedule for 2012, gave us quite severely obscured or obtuse looks at the face of a giant. Now the film has a 2013 release date and we're heading for the big, end-of-year family blockbusters, soBryan Singer has got to work readying a new trailer and tweeted out a couple of snaps of the shots it will contain.

One of them gives us what I think is the best look yet at the film's giant design, the other shows us Jack again. They're both something we can look forward to seeing in motion when the trailer lands in the next week or so, as Singer says it will be going out with Rise of the Guardians, as well as The Hobbit.

Looking forward to Singer's next film, the X-Men sequel Days of Future Past, he's also been tweeting the odd little bit of info.
    • They location scouted and Montreal was chosen as a location.
    • Singer and Simon Kinberg are working on the script now - though it's possible, and I'm hopeful, that they'll have had a lot of work done already by Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman. And that it will both be worth keeping and actually kept.
    • Louise Mingenbach, designer on the first X-Men film, is back to do the costumes for this next one. Doesn't necessarily mean everything will be black leather, though I'm sure some will worry and throw stones.
    I can't say I'm desperately encouraged by Kinberg, and I never really have been, but I do like Singer a great deal and I'm hoping Days of Future Past will live up to its huge potential.

And Jack too. I liked the script, they're being clever with the cinematography and 3D, and the cast is great. I'm not letting the delays put me off.

The leather costumes perhaps haven't aged that well, but they were very necessary at the time. Super Hero films were in the crapper and some of the silliness needed reining in. Also uniforms for a team made more sense. Personally I hope they go with something based on the first class uniforms and then let them bleed into any modern day X films they do.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Uh-oh. Kinberg is the first red flag on this project for me.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    The leather costumes perhaps haven't aged that well, but they were very necessary at the time. Super Hero films were in the crapper and some of the silliness needed reining in. Also uniforms for a team made more sense. Personally I hope they go with something based on the first class uniforms and then let them bleed into any modern day X films they do.
    thanks to the x-men movie, we got the shit-tastic frank quitley black leather costumes in the books. what works on hugh jackman dosent really work when you're a shitty artist.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ewokpelts View Post
    thanks to the x-men movie, we got the shit-tastic frank quitley black leather costumes in the books. what works on hugh jackman dosent really work when you're a shitty artist.
    Quitley isn't always my style, but I think this is the first time I've actually seen someone call him a shitty artist.

Zen Master of Cool

I think its time to revoke someone's opinion privileges. Quietley isn't always my style either bu t I would never call that man shitty.

The really sad legacy of them is I had to read that really dumb post.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

VP in Charge of Cool hellblazer72's Avatar

Quitely's designs were different than the movie costumes and his designs came out before the movie.