Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Confirmed: Transformers 4 Gets Mark Wahlberg Locked In, New Logo Revealed

Administrator

Default Confirmed: Transformers 4 Gets Mark Wahlberg Locked In, New Logo Revealed

A few weeks back, word went round that Mark Wahlberg was being considered for a role in Transformers 4. I called it a rumour.

Within hours, Michael Bay had denied that this was going to happen. Wahlberg, he said, was considering making another, different film with him. I didn't pass this on, actually, because it smelled bad. Michael Bay isn't always so honest, you know.

Then a couple of days back, Bay claimed that plans were changing and, actually, he was inspired by this internet rumour and was now thinking of putting Wahlberg in the film after all. Yes, because of that rumour, he was now going to cast Marky Mark.
    Let's say that very internet chatter gave me some ideas. We are at the inception of our story process right now on T4. Let's say some ideas are gaining traction with me and my writer - so I'm here to say thanks internet chatter
    What was actually going on behind this masquerade I don't know, but I'm not buying Bay's version of events at all. If somebody else from the production wants to go on the record about this, then great.

But I really don't think they will.

Anyway, tonight we're back where we started but with bells on. Bay has come clean and admitted that Wahlberg has actually signed on.

Bay posted his approval of Wahlberg just now:
    Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on Pain and Gain and I?m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers? legacy,
    He also posted the logo, which you can see at the head of the story.

Wahlberg's role isn't yet confirmed, but rumours have it that he'll be playing the father of the female lead, a high school girl. The third lead is said to be a race car driver who, according to some casting details, is dating the high schooler.

We don't know for sure where in the pecking order the robots will go, but it's reasonable to assume they'll come in somewhere below the meat puppets once again - and I know some of you won't like that.

Personally, I don't care if the lead character is a CG creation, an actor or Shia LaBeouf, I just want them to be interesting and engaging. Wahlberg, I like. We're off to the best start with a Transformers film since the 1980s.

You'll be able to see Transformers 4 in June 2014. Something something to your mother something for me Andy Samberg something?

HED
    Consultant of Cool

Still surprised that it hasn't been titled Trans4mers yet.
    Static-Pulse and Martin Smith like this.

Exceedingly Cool

If this keeps Wahlberg from playing Case in NEUROMANCER, I'm all for it.

I find it annoying it's STILL in the same universe as the previous crap but maybe it's an Incredible Hulk thing?

A bit of Marky Mark is always nice
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    I find it annoying it's STILL in the same universe as the previous crap but maybe it's an Incredible Hulk thing?

A bit of Marky Mark is always nice
    They should have just rebooted and get John Barber and James Roberts to write the script.

He won't be as annoying as Shia LaBeouf.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Marky Mark! Infinity times better that LaBouef

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HED View Post
    Hehe........

Given that Wahlberg was the only good "Punisher" I hope that he will contribute to make this the first really good TF movie.
    And I still hope that something will prevent Bay from directing and handing T4 over to Peter Berg.

気持ち悪い

Consultant of Cool Martin Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HED View Post
    That's exactly what I came to post. Don't anybody say it to Michael Bay - it'll probably blow his mind and then he'll use it.
    Hey you! You should read The Cynic's Survival Guide To Disney Animated Classics on my blog (updated every Friday!). I would, if I was in your position.

"an actor or Shia LaBeouf"

SNAP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast