Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Real Reason Matthew Vaughn Left The X-Men Movie, According To Mark Millar

Administrator

Default The Real Reason Matthew Vaughn Left The X-Men Movie, According To Mark Millar

I've tried to make it clear, but I'll underline it again:Matthew Vaughn didn't leave X-Men: Days of Future Past to direct a new Star Wars film. If you want to see him direct Mark Hamill, you need to keep your eyes on The Secret Service, the upcoming spy movie based on the comic he co-created with Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons.

I am utterly convinced that this is the truth. Everything I know points precisely to this. Everything I have read, everything I have blogged about, and everything going on behind the scenes.

And now, Mark Millar is saying basically the same thing... but why not just leave The Secret Service until after X-Men? Why did Vaughn have to choose, and not do both?

Millar was speaking to CBR. He said:
    We thought Matthew was going to do X-Men first, but we found out there were actually a few imitators of Secret Service in the works.

People are always trying to rip you off. Somebody will start to work on a spec screenplay about your idea. There are three other projects I know of now about a James Bond kind of guy taking a street kid and turning him into a spy. Three screenplays were already going through Hollywood about this! So Matthew and I said, "Fuck this. We're not letting anyone steal our ideas."
    Earlier today, Patrick spoke to somebody we believe will be working on the film... We're under embargo right now, but more on that soon.

And if you're looking for a more solid tip on who might direct the next Star Wars, we did share one earlier...

You're like the Nate Silver of Matthew Vaughn predictions.

Exceedingly Cool

So they stopped First Class to make another version of Wanted. Awesome.

Wrote the Book on Cool

And here's Millar from the same interview once again annoyed over the accusation that all his comics are basically pitches for movies:
    "People think you're lying when you say you're not trying to get your comics made into movies so quickly"

aaaannnd here's Millar from 3 days ago on Twitter sending his agent a pitch to seel before he even starts the comic:
    "Just emailed my agent the complete plot for a brand new project nobody knows about yet. Let's see what they all think ".

Yeah Millar's real reliable Brendon seeing as how he's the one feeding the Vaughn for Ep. 7 rumours.

Mike

Wrote the Book on Cool

Millar complaining about people ripping him off? Heh.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daniels View Post
    And here's Millar from the same interview once again annoyed over the accusation that all his comics are basically pitches for movies:
    "People think you're lying when you say you're not trying to get your comics made into movies so quickly"

aaaannnd here's Millar from 3 days ago on Twitter sending his agent a pitch to seel before he even starts the comic:
    "Just emailed my agent the complete plot for a brand new project nobody knows about yet. Let's see what they all think ".

Yeah Millar's real reliable Brendon seeing as how he's the one feeding the Vaughn for Ep. 7 rumours.

Mike
    You aren't making any sense, but I'd still like your evidence on it being Millar feeding the Vaughn-Star Wars rumours. Can you point me to the smoking gun?

...about a James Bond kind of guy taking a street kid and turning him into a spy...
    no offense meant, but that doesn't sound like the most original of ideas

I mean, Jason Todd...
    "However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum." - ThanosCopter

http://timberoo.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Timberoo View Post
    no offense meant, but that doesn't sound like the most original of ideas

I mean, Jason Todd...
    Also Callan, John Craig, Boysie Oakes...

Hell, even Bond himself from some angles...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daniels View Post

Mike
    Sixteen whole minutes before the boot goes in? You're slowing down in your old age Mike...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Banned

Sure Mark - there's a Secret Service movie on the way - just like that Nemesis movie that never materialized

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast