Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The Real Reason Matthew Vaughn Left The X-Men Movie, According To Mark Millar

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    Sure Mark - there's a Secret Service movie on the way - just like that Nemesis movie that never materialized
    There is a Secret Service movie on the way.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    You aren't making any sense,
    Just pointing out an example in the same interview where Millar proves himself a liar. Consider it a cautionary counter-balance to your fluff piece regurgitating other comic sites pieces (2 in the one afternoon? Now that's Bleeding Cool!).

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    but I'd still like your evidence on it being Millar feeding the Vaughn-Star Wars rumours. Can you point me to the smoking gun?
    31/10/12
    Quote Originally Posted by Millar
    Just off the phone with my fave director & he's buzzing about this Star Wars thing, saying it's his dream gig. I told him to go for it.
    The only hint I'll give is that we've known each other 5 years and he sneaked onto the Dagobah set at Elstree when he was 8 years old..
    5/11/12
    Lotta chatter about Vaughn and Star Wars. Wonder if he was anywhere near that Dagobah set when he was eight? Hmm....
    And Peter, 16 minutes is 16 minutes too long to leave a BC Millar fluff piece unbalanced.

Mike
    Blade X, Matt D and Pennyworth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Poole View Post
    Also Callan, John Craig, Boysie Oakes...

Hell, even Bond himself from some angles...
    Or Pygmalion with guns.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCheese View Post
    Or Pygmalion with guns.
    That's actually not a bad high concept pitch.

Conversely, The Invisibles without teh magicks, is.

Still, what's the point of getting wound up about Mark Millar's antics? Yes, he is a bit of a bullsh*tting c***, but he can't seem to help himself. And his twitter account must be a constant thorn in Matthew Vaughn's flesh
    toodoor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    Sure Mark - there's a Secret Service movie on the way - just like that Nemesis movie that never materialized
    Meh, the majority of films in development don't get made, when there in development you're bound to talk about like they're happening, that's before you factor in Millar being a self promoting clown.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Meh, the majority of films in development don't get made, when there in development you're bound to talk about like they're happening, that's before you factor in Millar being a self promoting clown.
    I do particularly enjoy seeing a writer like Millar, whose output in the last five years is increasingly looking like as bland or generic a development of the 10-second high-concept pitch as possible, moaning about "other people stealing ideas", because:
    a) building on/borrowing (depending on how generous you feel on the day) other people's ideas is how he made his name, and
    b) if all you had was a ten-second high-concept pitch and no notion of how to execute the idea to make it distinctive, you had nothing of particular value to begin with. (Ideas are a dime a dozen, good executions of them are much rarer).

But yes, saying that something's entirely made up just because it's still somewhere in development is a bit silly. Then again, it's Mike "Mark-Millar Maniac" Daniels we're talking about, so silliness goes with the territory...
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fysh View Post
    But yes, saying that something's entirely made up just because it's still somewhere in development is a bit silly. Then again, it's Mike "Mark-Millar Maniac" Daniels we're talking about, so silliness goes with the territory...
    What did I say was entirely made up?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daniels View Post
    What did I say was entirely made up?

Mike
    D'oh - I got you and DarthEwok confused (DarthEwok was the one talking about the yet-to-be-filmed-or-released Nemesis film). Though to be fair, unverifiable statements suggesting that Millar has told outright lies (ie knowing that he's speaking falsehoods) is more or less what I expect from you these days...
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fysh View Post
    D'oh - I got you and DarthEwok confused (DarthEwok was the one talking about the yet-to-be-filmed-or-released Nemesis film). Though to be fair, unverifiable statements suggesting that Millar has told outright lies (ie knowing that he's speaking falsehoods) is more or less what I expect from you these days...
    What unverifiable statements?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daniels View Post
    What unverifiable statements?

Mike
    All the stuff you lob around about Millar's private life (his marriage, new partner etc). If there's no publicly accessible sources that we can use to verify what you say, why should we take your comments at face value when you clearly have an anti-Mark-Millar agenda? (I should stress, I'm no fan of Millar and dislike his approach of pretending that talking total bollocks is somehow "marketing", but even at that I don't see how telling unverified tales about his private life is of benefit to anyone...)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast