Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By alekesam
  • 1 Post By cmichaelhall

Thread: Arterton And Probably Cumberbatch Join Monty Python Crew For Absolutely Anything

Administrator

Default Arterton And Probably Cumberbatch Join Monty Python Crew For Absolutely Anything

Terry Jones is finally gearing up to get rolling on Absolutely Anything, his sci-fi comedy about a school teacher who can do... well, absolutely anything.

But what does absolutely anything include? The Wrap say:
    He can wipe out classrooms of badly behaving students and bring people back to life.
    Exactly what I'd do too. At least for starters. Then I'd get some pancakes.

And for inspiration as to what else one might do with these limitless powers, I guess you don't need to look much further than the cast list.

Already signed up for a role is Gemma Arterton, and Benedict Cumberbatch is negotiating to join in too.

Theywill join Robin Williams, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and John Cleese, all of whom will be doing voice overs for the film. I understand that Williams will be voicing a dog and the Pythons will be playing a group of aliens that are responsible for these powers in the first place. Jones himself will voice a role too, meaning - surprise, surprise - Eric Idle will be the "missing one" again.

The script for Absolutely Anything was written by Jones with Gavin Scott. They also wrote the TV version of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett'sGood Omens that we're hoping to see go into production soon. Seems they're really into stories about people with limitless powers.

*looks @ picture of Gemma Arterton*

reads on front page: "If I had the power to do absolutely anything, I’d cast these guys too."

*looks back @ picture of Gemma Arterton, now wondering if that was intentional?
    Tom Strong and cmichaelhall like this.
    "Walking bones!"

Wrote the Book on Cool cmichaelhall's Avatar

I'm not generally one for fanboy gushiness, but does anyone else look at Gemma Arterton and find themselves involuntarily sighing almost every gods-damned time?

Sigh.
    alekesam likes this.

Writer/Cartoonist/Evil Mastermind
    http://www.cmichaelhall.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmichaelhall View Post
    I'm not generally one for fanboy gushiness, but does anyone else look at Gemma Arterton and find themselves involuntarily sighing almost every gods-damned time?

Sigh.
    I sigh because every time I see her I recall that I put up with her 'acting' in Love's Labours Lost for several hours at The Globe - and I had a standing seat.