Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rumour: Disney Discussing Takeover Of Hasbro Next?

Dean of Cool University Stefan Offenberg's Avatar

Also, Habsro has the rights to Micronauts, and they've been working on a Micronauts movie with JJ Abrams for a few years.

If Hasbro is bought out by Disney, hopefully that means lower prices on Transformers toys as they'd have more cash to play with. This getting smaller toys while raising the prices bit is pure suckage.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I hope this isn't true.

Wrote the Book on Cool Comedian's Avatar

I think this could be an awesome acquisition and one that Marvel and Disney could completely use to their advantage. If it goes through, maybe there is even the possibility of seeing ROM in the GOTG movie...that would be incredible. Can you imagine the GOTG movie having at least a ROM cameo and maybe a Star Wars reference as well? Can you see a ROM/Star Wars crossover comic with the Dire Wraiths and the Sith vs. the Jedi and the Spaceknights? Transformers vs. Spaceknights? Marvel finally doing an Essential ROM or a ROM omnibus? Imagine a member of the Nova Corps being lost in a galaxy far far away or Boba Fett trying to collect a bounty on Cybertron or Galador...

Dean of Cool University Stefan Offenberg's Avatar

Look, Walt Disney was the man who bought a small Florida city and turned it into "the happiest place on Earth... or else." We are simply seeing the gradual completion of his vision of world conquest.

Captain Cool

Well look on the bright side. If Disney buys Hasbro then Marvel might get the chance to permanently make ROM and the Micronauts permanently part of the MU. Heck, they could even make the TRANSFORMERS (who have already crossed over with the MU twice in the past),G.I. JOE,JEM,and the INHUMANOIDS a part of the MU. And considering the history and good relationship that Marvel and Hasbro have with each other, this isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Of course I wouldn't want to hand over the Hasbro property's to the current mostly incompetent editorial and creative staff at Marvel.

Hmm...magic eight ball says "Very unlikely...try again"

I really wouldn't take much stock in this story, especially given how close it is to the Lucasfilms acquisition. Someone is thinking that since Hasbro makes Star Wars toys, Disney will probably take over Hasbro...then McDonalds'...and then the world.

Wrote the Book on Cool doomedhuh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ewokpelts View Post
    Lucasfilm was a big shareholder in hasbro, thanks to the contracts they signed with both hasbro and galoob(which was eventually absorbed by hasbro) back in 1997.
    Assuming Lucas didn't liquidate those shares before his disney deal, I suspect Disney is now holding a stake in hasbro.
    This is very interesting. Does anyone have anymore details on this?

Consultant of Cool kamenwriter555's Avatar

Supposedly there's some sort of massive tax hike on this type of grand acquisition slated to come in next year- I was told (by my mother, who admittedly reads a lot of Drudge Report) that that may be why Disney bought up Lucasfilm now, because it'll cost more later. Not at all sure if that is true.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast