Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Ford Rumoured To Want "Death Clause" Deal For Star Wars Sequel

Administrator

Default Harrison Ford Rumoured To Want "Death Clause" Deal For Star Wars Sequel

Harrison Ford is said to be happy to come back for the next Star Wars movie... though he may just have a particular clause in mind for his contract.

Entertainment Weekly are keeping it a little fuzzy, but the short version is this: Harrison Ford will be happy to reprise the role of Han Solo, pending the confirmation of script and director. He may well be asking for the character to be killed off, however, just as he originally wanted to happen in Return of the Jedi.

Last time he, Ford's desire to escape was thwarted by the appetite for Han Solo toys. I think he'll have an easier time winning the argument this time around.

The report does make it clear that all three of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Ford are keen to take part in this next generation of the saga. A source calls them "upbeat":
    Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he?s upbeat about it, all three of them are.
    Okay, so now let's see how far "upbeat" gets us.

Bleeding Cool

I thought he hated Solo?

It would be smart of him to thematically bookend his own (fading) career with the part that started it all...
    Traveling.

But who am I going smuggle weapons with now =<

Slightly OT but I like the photo used for this article. Though Ford looks a bit sad puppyish in it IMHO.
    Ingredients: Spite, Vitriol, Lycanthropy,Mt.dew, Soylent Green, Books,Knitting, Books, Books, Arsenic, Doom, Books, Lead, OMGKITTIES, Peer-Reviewed Journals, Natural Flavor, Artificial Coloring.

Warnings: Keep out of reach of Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    The Russians, The Irish, Jihadists, Mexicans, it's a big universe you know
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    I thought he hated Solo?

It would be smart of him to thematically bookend his own (fading) career with the part that started it all...
    Bob Falfa???

There's no freaking way. They'd have to retcon have the freaking Expanded Universe!

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguinness37 View Post
    There's no freaking way. They'd have to retcon have the freaking Expanded Universe!
    i think it got "New 52'ed"

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    I thought he hated Solo?

"Fading career"? The guy's 70 years old and spent the better part of the last 30 years as the biggest star in Hollywood. He's not king of the box office anymore (because nothing lasts forever) but his run was longer than most, and there are plenty of execs in Hollywood who would still like to be in the Harrison Ford business.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I thought Solo was a drug smuggler? Wasn't that what the "spice mines" he made the "Kessel run" for were all about?

I think it is best to bring back the original cast and have them hand it off to a new generation.
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast