Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Harrison Ford Rumoured To Want "Death Clause" Deal For Star Wars Sequel

Wrote the Book on Cool hammerstein's Avatar

Didn't Ford have some kind of script 'approval' for Crystal Skull?

Insisting the character is killed off is ridiculous..how about just wanting to like the story and script?

Quote Originally Posted by hammerstein View Post

Insisting the character is killed off is ridiculous..how about just wanting to like the story and script?
    I'd say part of a story he'd like is one where Han dies!

The timing on this is quite good, I suspect that if it had happened 10 years ago or so then Hamill and Ford may well have said no, but a bit older and nearer the end of the career, why not eh? It'll be nice pay days for them both I'm sure!
    alekesam and Pop-Tart Samson like this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Wrote the Book on Cool hammerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    I'd say part of a story he'd like is one where Han dies!

The timing on this is quite good, I suspect that if it had happened 10 years ago or so then Hamill and Ford may well have said no, but a bit older and nearer the end of the career, why not eh? It'll be nice pay days for them both I'm sure!

It's ridiculous...just MAKE A GOOD MOVIE...if they want to dictate what happens then they should write it THEMSELVES.

Can we just have well written and directed movies as a priority without pinpointing plot points and constructing stuff around those? 'Han must wear green pants' WTF, WHO CARES!

Horses before carts thanks...it's the very disease that ruins so many movies, the lack of a genuine narrative drive FIRST.

It's ridiculous...just MAKE A GOOD MOVIE...if they want to dictate what happens then they should write it THEMSELVES.

Can we just have well written and directed movies as a priority without pinpointing plot points and constructing stuff around those? 'Han must wear green pants' WTF, WHO CARES!

Horses before carts thanks...it's the very disease that ruins so many movies, the lack of a genuine narrative drive FIRST.
    Meh. He's unlikely to be one of the primary characters in this film so it's probably very little work to factor it in. It's just one story beat, most films come with a list of notes you want to hit.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Exceedingly Cool

I hear the ATF is good at running guns.

[QUOTE=Cavemold;446258]But who am I going smuggle weapons with now =<[/QUOT

Lando took Han's clothes at the end of Jedi, this time.....look out Leia, ole' 45 is moving in
    Cavemold likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool The Mirrorball Man's Avatar

I want a scene in which Han and Greedo are hanging out in a bar, reminiscing about the time when they had this little shooting thing staged.
    alekesam and Pop-Tart Samson like this.
    My deviantART gallery.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpanda View Post
    Incidentally..... Does this mean Marvel will be getting the rights back to Star Wars comics?
    No one knows. I don't think they necessarily will; Disney have several comics licensees all over the world (Sanoma, Egmont, Papercutz etc.).

Dean of Cool University

He didnt have script approval, per se. He simply can say "I'm not doing the movie. no matter how much you offer me". I think Him and Spielberg were not tied to a film contract, so they would have to like the story if they were to sign on.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpanda View Post
    Is he going to be reprising his role as "young dickhead with glasses" from Apocalypse Now?

As for the EU, better off to ignore the whole thing if you ask me. If they want to do this right, better to not set all these limitations that only the most die-hard of fans know or care about in the first place.

Incidentally..... Does this mean Marvel will be getting the rights back to Star Wars comics?
    Unless DH gives them a great deal, it's going to Marvel when the contract runs out. Just like when the Muppets deal with Boom! studios.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast