Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Harrison Ford Rumoured To Want "Death Clause" Deal For Star Wars Sequel

I'm fine with killing off Han Solo, just don't let Chewie die!
    And sure as shit don't let him die on a frickin' asteroid/planetoid with the Solo brats watching him die!!!
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ewokpelts View Post
    i think it got "New 52'ed"
    The most recent books, with Han active in them, are set over forty years after "A New Hope". Due to the age of any returning actors, the new films will need to be set in a similar time frame. I think that they can avoid contradicting the EU, without too much effort, weather Ford signs on or not. All they have to do is set the new movies just after whatever books are set to be published between now and early 2015.

This ought to have a spoiler alert, I think.

For what, a rumor that he wants his character to die in a movie rumored to be in the works that he's rumored to be open to if they said there was a part for him, which they haven't yet?
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

VP in Charge of Cool

I hope he demands a scene where he reminisces about blasting Greedo before he could even get a shot off.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmurphy1969 View Post
    The most recent books, with Han active in them, are set over forty years after "A New Hope". Due to the age of any returning actors, the new films will need to be set in a similar time frame. I think that they can avoid contradicting the EU, without too much effort, weather Ford signs on or not. All they have to do is set the new movies just after whatever books are set to be published between now and early 2015.
    There's a lot of EU baggage they probably don't want to deal with. They might want characters in completely different life places and frames of mind.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    There's a lot of EU baggage they probably don't want to deal with. They might want characters in completely different life places and frames of mind.
    True. I was just trying to point out that a new trilogy doesn't automatically mean that the EU will be flushed down the drain, or even needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmurphy1969 View Post
    True. I was just trying to point out that a new trilogy doesn't automatically mean that the EU will be flushed down the drain, or even needs to be.
    I agree it doesn't have to, but the screenwriters and Disney might disagree on needs to. It all depends on what story they want to tell to basically start an ongoing franchise.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    I thought he hated Solo?

It would be smart of him to thematically bookend his own (fading) career with the part that started it all...
    Is he going to be reprising his role as "young dickhead with glasses" from Apocalypse Now?

As for the EU, better off to ignore the whole thing if you ask me. If they want to do this right, better to not set all these limitations that only the most die-hard of fans know or care about in the first place.

Incidentally..... Does this mean Marvel will be getting the rights back to Star Wars comics?
    Last edited by Deathpanda; 11-05-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    alekesam likes this.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

"I've got the death clause on three movies!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast