Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Man Who First Reported The New Star Wars Trilogy In 2009 Is Back With More Details

Wrote the Book on Cool Somebody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Chris View Post
    I thought an earlier story said that FOX still had the right to the earlier movies, which is one of the reasons I find these points a bit dubious.
    Unless Lucas went so far as to ban them from putting out the unaltered originals in the sale contract, they have the same rights to put out any version of the films as Lucas did before. Just Fox has to do the distribution.

Since Lucasfilm found it worth putting them out on DVD/Blu-Ray over and over in increasingly different versions, Disney would still make a sizeable chunk of money from all the "Han shot first!" fans if they could get usable prints of the unaltered films and do a quick scan/remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I would think a new one would pop up?
    Yeah that's the thing with the Emperor gone it brought balance to the force meaning as far as the universe was concerned there was no real dark side or light side, just the force.
    If you read up on the "Force Unleashed" game Lore and "Dawn of the Jedi" all aspects of the force till before the Sith could be used including the lightning powers so you could assume the same is applied now.

If there is a Sith Lord it should be a second or 3rd Generation of Jedi after Luke because the Sith kill off each other like the Highlander to get their power and the Emporer was arguably the rest
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Yeah that's the thing with the Emperor gone it brought balance to the force meaning as far as the universe was concerned there was no real dark side or light side, just the force.
    If you read up on the "Force Unleashed" game Lore and "Dawn of the Jedi" all aspects of the force till before the Sith could be used including the lightning powers so you could assume the same is applied now.

If there is a Sith Lord it should be a second or 3rd Generation of Jedi after Luke because the Sith kill off each other like the Highlander to get their power and the Emporer was arguably the rest
    I see! Hmm a new sith lord could be very cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I see! Hmm a new Sith lord could be very cool
    Agreed... just as it stands it's awkward Although a secret legion of Sith (that learnt NOT to kill each other) wouldn't be too farfetched
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Chris View Post
    I thought an earlier story said that FOX still had the right to the earlier movies, which is one of the reasons I find these points a bit dubious.
    Well, yes, I do mention that in the story. Indeed, I link to the old story.

But Disney overcame Paramount's involvement in the old Marvel movies to get those together for their box. They're deal makers.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Here are the bullet points:
    • This next trilogy may conflate plot points originally intended to span two trilogies - the second featuring the Skywalker offspring.
    I don't know if it's already been posted elsewhere on Bleeding Cool, but...

The original 12-part outline for the Star Wars saga can be found at The Official Star Wars Blog. Back then, the "Luke Skywalker Defeats the Empire" storyline was supposed to be told in episodes 6-8, while the "What Happens to Luke Afterward" stuff that Jim Dorey is referring to was going to be told in episodes 9-11 (or possibly 9-12).

Later on, the saga was condensed into 9 episodes, where the "Luke Skywalker Defeats the Empire" storyline would be episodes 4-6 (which did happen, of course)... and the "What Happens to Luke Afterward" material would be episodes 7-9.

In other words: the "What Happens to Luke Afterward" stuff was never supposed to span two trilogies, and Disney won't necessarily need to conflate any plot points (whatever "conflating" means).

Bleeding Cool

wasn't the Emperor last of the Sith?
    Anyone can fall. They could always have Exar Kun corrupt someone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Anyone can fall. They could always have Exar Kun corrupt someone again.
    good point, if it's canon (since he made the double bladed Lightsaber it'll fits)

I don't mean there never will be Sith again ever just as it stands there's a balance to the force and at the moment and him appearing or the Sith would seem to come out of nowhere.

Bleeding Cool

good point, if it's canon (since he made the double bladed Lightsaber it'll fits)

I don't mean there never will be Sith again ever just as it stands there's a balance to the force and at the moment and him appearing or the Sith would seem to come out of nowhere.
    If they keep some of the history from the books (which hasn't been contradicted anywhere in the movies that I recall, so it's possible), there's a Sith-haunted area on Yavin IV, similar to the dark side cave near Yoda's hut, but on a larger scale, and Luke founds his academy on Yavin IV near that area. Writers like Zahn and Stackpole have already shown a couple of good ways it can be done, without it having to come out of nowhere. Whether or not movie people will pick up on similar good ideas remains to be seen, of course.

A Sith Ewok lord? Please and his could be mickmouse!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast