Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Disney Buy Lucasfilm For $4.05 Billion, Non-Lucas Directed Star Wars "Episode 7" Planned

Administrator

Default Disney Buy Lucasfilm For $4.05 Billion, Non-Lucas Directed Star Wars "Episode 7" Planned

Two massive pieces of film news just hit the wires. The Walt Disney Company have acquired Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cash and stocks. Lucasfilm's current co-chair Kathleen Kennedy will become president of the company and will report to Alan Horn, the chair of Wast Disney Studios.

Disney have also announced that they will be releasing a new Star Wars movie in 2015. Lucasfilm's current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Goeorge Lucas gave the following statement to explain the handover.
    For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to seeStar Warspassed from one generation to the next.It?s now time for me to passStar Warson to a new generation of filmmakers. I?ve always believed thatStar Warscould live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I?m confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership ofKathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization,Star Warswill certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney?s reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products.
    It's not clear how the new film will fit into "the saga" but I expect another backtrack and the "Oh, I planned nine all along" story to get pretty old, pretty quick.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I'd say it's a terrible prank, but it's in the Disney press release! Star Wars 7 in 2015!

Dark Horse just lost the license, I imagine...

*checks calendar*

um...Happy October Pre-Trick Day?

VP in Charge of Cool Captain Comet's Avatar

Zen Master of Cool

This was something I never would have expected to hear. Very, very interesting...

Disney Buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion

Waid fired on FF almost did it, but this just might be the story that breaks the internet.
    Blade X likes this.

fake

story

Cool

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    fake

story

Either that or Lucas is trying to finance Red Tails 2, including purchasing every movie theater so he can give out tickets for free.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I hope everyone is dusting off their Marvel/Star Wars fan fic right about now!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast