Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Christian Beranek
  • 1 Post By Brendon Connelly

Thread: Woody Allen Tackling Financial Belt-Tightening In His New Movie With Cate Blanchett, Louis CK And Sally Hawkins

Administrator

Default Woody Allen Tackling Financial Belt-Tightening In His New Movie With Cate Blanchett, Louis CK And Sally Hawkins

Living in England, I feel like I'm always the last to know with Woody Allen. If there's somewhere else that his films get released even later than here, I'm glad I don't live there.

Still, I always turn out for Allen's films, and there's always, at the very least, functional. And I don't want to that sound harsh. Oftentimes, they're rather good, and occasionally great.

He's currently in San Francisco shooting his next film - though not the next to release here, we're still waiting for From Rome With Love - and, as is typical, it doesn't yet have a name.

But we do know some of the cast, and now something of what it's about. Here's how SF Appeal set up their latest piece on the picture:
    Woody Allen is in town directing a romantic comedy film about a woman trying to make it on a budget when she moves to San Francisco after her posh New York City lifestyle comes crashing down...

The film crew and cast--which is rumored to include Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Peter Sarsgaard and comedian Louis C.K.--will be set in the Mission, the avenues in the western end of San Francisco, the Marina District and parts of Marin County.

Some Bay Area actors are supposed to be included in the project, which will also include filming shoots in New York City.
    Also in the film is Sally Hawkins, though I guess she doesn't mean much to San Franciscans. Andrew Dice Clay, of all people, also has a role. Otherwise a superb cast, though.

A little more on the plot:
    The movie is about a wealthy woman who finds herself broke and in San Francisco, living with her sister and downsizing her life.

She eventually meets a man in the Bay Area who could solve her financial problems, but she first needs to discover who she is and, more importantly, accept San Francisco as her home.
    Yes, it's more important to accept San Francisco as your home than to discover who you are. It must be true, I read it on a San Francisco website.

San Francisco is just as expensive to live in as New York :-/ I think Woody just wants to shoot the architecture and other scenery there. If you really wanted to do a film about downsizing to another city have it set in Omaha. Just my thoughts :-)

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Beranek View Post
    San Francisco is just as expensive to live in as New York :-/ I think Woody just wants to shoot the architecture and other scenery there. If you really wanted to do a film about downsizing to another city have it set in Omaha. Just my thoughts :-)
    I think it's a hair more expensive even. That jumped right out at me from the get-go...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Meyeraustin View Post
    I think it's a hair more expensive even. That jumped right out at me from the get-go...
    It's likely that her sister already lives there. The film may actually revolve around San Francisco being more expensive, ultimately.
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Lou

Sounds a little bit like Tales of the City to me...