Thread: Jurassic Park 4 Handed To Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Creators

Administrator

Default Jurassic Park 4 Handed To Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Creators

The latest attempt to get a fourth Jurassic Park up and running, or at least down on paper, is underway with Universal hiring Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, the husband and wife writers and initiators of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I assume this won't be a redraft of what has come before but a whole new concept. Sayonara, humanoid dinos with guns.

These writers are a good match, most likely. Jaffa and Silver have already shown that they can do a soft sci-fi piece that mixes quasi-realistic notions of biology and scientific experimentation with character driven drama and action.

I also understand that Universal are looking for a "pretty clean break" from the three previous instalments, and Rise showed how well that Jaffa and Silver could restart a series from basics while still keeping it in touch with its roots.

Recently, Jaffa and Silver worked on the next Apes picture, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which is now being redrafted by Contagion's Scott Z. Burns.

Deadline are saying that Spielberg won't direct this fourth instalment, but there's no indication, yet, as to who will.

Next summer marks the 20th anniversary of the original, so it's being re-released in 3D. Time enough to get this new film rolling, and have a teaser trailer pulled together? Seems like a pretty grand marketing opportunity to me.

Zen Master of Cool

I thought Rise of the Planet of the Apes was boring