Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fredmanson

Thread: Second Trailer For The New Starship Troopers Film Isn\'t A Patch On The First, But It\'s More Action Packed

Administrator

Default Second Trailer For The New Starship Troopers Film Isn\'t A Patch On The First, But It\'s More Action Packed

The first trailer for Starship Troopers: Invasion caught me on a little hook. It looked quite nice, and there was some interesting dialogue.

And now there's the second trailer which looks considerably less nice and is actually pretty banal overall.

But it is only a trailer. "They" often leave the interesting stuff out of trailers because interesting stuff "doesn't sell films".

That doesn't excuse the horrendously designed, animated and rendered faces, though. Nothing would, though I'd probably settle for a grovelling apology delivered to fans, worldwide. By which I mean a full on re-enactment of the first episode of Black Mirror.

Thanks to the Anime News Network for the... anime news.

Zen Master of Cool Harley Quinn Romance's Avatar

I'm not sure I agree with the director's stylistic choice to put Japanese text all over the screen throughout the movie.

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

It really shows what I have remarked from a few years ago: the Japanese are no more the masters of the digital animation and digital characters designs. You can know where a CGI is made in looking just at these points. It's really horrible. It seems that the characters have a stick in their ass, their runs are stupidly motionless and inhuman (didn't they learn anatomical moves in their classes??? ), and almost all, except when the movie is targeted to be a world wide release: the monotonic long, but long dialogs with their fucking bended heads to approve the speech - typically a Japanese "tradition" there!

Why this movie wasn't done in South Korea or China or Singapore? They are much more advanced in the CGI than the old dinosaurs that are the Japanese studios... I will buy the DVD when it will be sold at EUR 5.00, no more.
    Last edited by fredmanson; 05-28-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    R.I.P. Toena (2001-2013)

Singles: Nothing this month, except my subscriptions to 2000 AD and to Judge Dredd Meg
    Trades: Colossal Conan, Sleeper Omnibus, Animal Man Omnibus, LOEG Omnibus, Alias Omnibus

Zen Master of Cool Harley Quinn Romance's Avatar

deleted due to cash payment
    Last edited by Harley Quinn Romance; 05-28-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Quinn Romance View Post
    I'm not Japanese, so am not talking with authority, but thought use of that term was generally frowned upon...
    Rectified!!! Thanks!!
    R.I.P. Toena (2001-2013)

Singles: Nothing this month, except my subscriptions to 2000 AD and to Judge Dredd Meg
    Trades: Colossal Conan, Sleeper Omnibus, Animal Man Omnibus, LOEG Omnibus, Alias Omnibus

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine