Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Cue Outrage: For Their New Movie, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Apparently Won't Even Be Mutant Turtles

Administrator

Default Cue Outrage: For Their New Movie, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Apparently Won't Even Be Mutant Turtles

Certain Turtle fans are probably going to flip their lids when they play the following video clip of Michael Bay. It comes from the Nickelodeon Upfronts on Wednesday, with Bay talking about the new, live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film that he's producing and is due in cinemas on Christmas Day 2013.

Tomatoes at the ready?

Here's the transcript:
    When you see this movie, kids will believe one day that these turtles do exist, when we're done with this movie. These turtles are form an alien race, and they're going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.
    Yep. Aliens. This doesn't necessarily mean they aren't mutants, but both would seem like overkill to have them be bother.

So they're Teenage Alien Ninjas now.

Anybody feeling that two out of four ain't bad?

Now, the actual origins of the characters, back in the Eastman-Laird era, had some common or garden turtles mutate into talking humanoids after exposure to a radioactive substance. The new origin is at least more scientifically viable, eh?

According to Stuff We Like the presentation also featured some animatics from the film, though I doubt they'll prove to be very accurate. At the moment we're expecting Jonathan Liebesman to direct the film and he'll have been up to his neck in Wrath of the Titans of late, likely not pre-planning Turtle action.

Right... who's going to change the TMNT logo into a TAN one?

Disclaimer: Okay maybe Michael Bay didn't mean aliens from another planet. Maybe he was just referring to their oddness. Or perhaps they'll come to New York from Mexico or something. No?

Wrote the Book on Cool Union Jim's Avatar

I swear he does this on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Disclaimer: Okay maybe Michael Bay didn't mean aliens from another planet. Maybe he was just referring to their oddness. Or perhaps they'll come to New York from Mexico or something. No?
    You have THAT much faith in Bay?

Seriously, Michael Bay needs to retire. Permanently!
    Last edited by Blackfist; 03-18-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    twincast likes this.

Consultant of Cool Quantum Mortal's Avatar

Hoo boy. It's Highlander II all over again.

Why even bother getting a license if such drastic changes are going to be made to it? The Turtles used to be the Daredevils of the funny animal boom of the 80's. Now they're The Legion?

As for Bay, while I enjoyed his first 3 movies(I'd even say I "loved" The Rock), every movie he's touched since then has been worse than the last. Imo, Platinum Dunes automatically tells you the movie will be shit. Hell, even the guy they have directing this is bad. I've seen his 3 theatrically released movies and they were all bad. Darkness Falls was one of those movies where the people seeing it with me started voting on whether we should leave or not.
    Last edited by SMARTASS8; 03-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    twincast likes this.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    You have THAT much faith in Bay?
    Honestly? No, not at all, I was taking the piss. But, at the same time, and while I see no reason to change the nature of the Turtles, if it's a good film, they can be aliens all he pleases.

Yeah - IF it's a good film. Pfft.

Dean of Cool University MWEDMER's Avatar

Well, if that is not the dumbest most unnecessary shit I have heard.
    Birmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Honestly? No, not at all, I was taking the piss. But, at the same time, and while I see no reason to change the nature of the Turtles, if it's a good film, they can be aliens all he pleases.

Yeah - IF it's a good film. Pfft.
    Mind you the 2003 cartoon already done the alien turtles concept though

7:50
    Fysh likes this.

IMO, this is the best big screen TMNT movie. TURTLES FOREVER is the best (and only) small screen TV TMNT movie.

Last edited by Blade X; 03-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Mind you the 2003 cartoon already done the alien turtles concept though
    IMO, the 2003 TMNT animated series was the best and most faithful version of TMNT outside of the comics.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast