Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rise Of The Guardians Is Like A Justice League Of Holiday Heroes - Check Out The Poster

Administrator

Default Rise Of The Guardians Is Like A Justice League Of Holiday Heroes - Check Out The Poster

I was sitting on this for a moment, but it appears to be cropping up elsewhere now, so here it is, ahead of schedule: a good look at Dreamworks's Rise of the Guardians. To set it up, here's a blurb:
    When an evil spirit called Pitch becomes bent upon taking over the world by inspiring fear in the hearts of kids everywhere, a group of our greatest heroes ? Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman and Jack Frost ? band together for the first time, determined to stand in Pitch?s way. More than a collection of storybook subjects, The Guardians are also a band of superheroes, who possess their own special powers. Now joined in opposition of a common foe, the Guardians heed the call and combine their powers to defeat Pitch and protect the world from his campaign of fear.

The film is based on the book by William Joyce, who I think is tremendous. This book... I don't know, however. Time to hunt it down.

Amongst the voice cast are Alec Baldwin as North, the Santa type; Chris Pine as Jack Frost; Hugh Jackman as Bunnymud, the rep for Easter; Isla Fisher as Tooth, a fairy; and Jude Law as Pitch.

Previously: North's crossed and tattooed arms. And a poster for The Croods, another upcoming Dreamworks toon.

Dean of Cool University rambobloodaxe's Avatar

This sounds genius!
    It's amazing that brain can generate enough power to keep those legs moving

Dean of Cool University rambobloodaxe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Candletric View Post
    I doubt it, that was Dreamworks, too, wasn't it?
    It's amazing that brain can generate enough power to keep those legs moving

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Finally, the Sandman movie I've always dreamed of!

Quote Originally Posted by rambobloodaxe View Post
    This sounds genius!
    I have to agree. This indeed does sound really cool.

Consultant of Cool

As I understand it, the movie isn't directly based on a book... it's part of a mixed-media "shared universe" that Joyce has been developing, including the Man in the Moon (children's picture book), Nicholas St North (children's prose, and yes, it's a Santa story), a soon-to-be-released book called E. Aster Bunnymund (children's prose again), and arguably the Leaf Men and Santa Calls (both children's picture books). Presumably more projects are coming. And yes, this is the Justice League of holiday heroes. Pitch has been the bad guy so far. And yes, Joyce is tremendous.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Looks pretty freaky!
    3/7/12
    1) animal man#7
    2) avengers: the childrens crusade#9
    3) avengers academy#27
    4) swampthing#7
    5) uncanny x-men#8

E'er'body workin' Dreamworks Face today!

Except, you, fairy lady. You have no eyebrows. Go home.

Zen Master of Cool WinterCeltic's Avatar

Wasn't Pitch the name of the demon in the notoriously bad 1959 SANTA CLAUS movie from Mexico?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast