Thread: More Details Of Russell T Davies' Aliens Vs. Wizards

Administrator

Default More Details Of Russell T Davies' Aliens Vs. Wizards

A new press release from the BBC confirms many details of Russell T Davies and Phil Ford's Aliens vs. Wizards as we reported them a couple of weeks back. Here's how the corp. put it:
    Aliens Vs Wizards has been created by Russell T Davies and Phil Ford (The Sarah Jane Adventures, Doctor Who) and will be produced by BBC Cymru Wales in association with FremantleMedia Enterprises...

Aliens Vs Wizards (12 x 30mins) will be produced by BBC Cymru Wales for CBBC for broadcast in Autumn 2012.
    In so many ways, there's an echo in that report.

What the BBC have yet to announce is the series' full roster of writers, but we've already named Gareth Roberts and Joseph Lidster as being in the club. More names when we get them.

Here are some plot details from Auntie:
    From the dark side of the moon, aliens are scanning the Earth searching for magic and are prepared to destroy everything in their path to get it. All that stands in the way of Earth?s imminent destruction are two 16-year old schoolboys, Tom and Benny. It?s Ray Guns vs Wands; Science vs Magic and Aliens vs Wizards.

Tom Clarke lives a seemingly ordinary life with his dad and grandmother. However he hides a deep secret - Tom?s family are wizards and when the Nekross arrive, hungry for magic, they find themselves on the menu.

The Nekross may be equipped with ray guns, teleports and high-tech robots but they haven?t reckoned on Tom and his friend, science super-brain Benny. They form an extraordinary duo, using Tom?s magic and Benny?s science to battle the Nekross and save the Earth.
    I find amusing what happens if you Google Nekross BBC:

They suspect that you might mean the sometime Crimewatch presenter. If that's not enough to win him a cameo, I don't know what would be.

"Don't have nightmares!"

We've got our eye on this one. More to follow but, for now, the last word goes to Davies:
    Writing for children is the biggest challenge of all and I think CBBC stands right at the heart of broadcasting. So I'm delighted to launch this show, a true nationwide collaboration - a Salford commission from a BBC Wales team. We're joining genres too - the show's a wild, funny, thrilling and sometimes scary collision of magic and science fiction.

Wizards have never met aliens before, and when they do, the result is spectacular! The mysterious Nekross know exactly what to do with magicians. Eat them! Let battle be joined!

Wrote the Book on Cool I_Captain Blanco's Avatar

I had heard that Davies wasn't doing any writing at all whilst his partner was ill. Hope this means he's recovering.

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

I hope so too. As much as I'm stoked about this, very much non-kid that I am, I could deal with not getting it soon if the upside was a healthy marriage outlasting an illness byd ecades...

Wrote the Book on Cool

Well, now we know where the budget for Season 6 of THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES went

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

Same place as the star? 'Cause you really couldn't have a Sarah Jane Adventures without, y'know, a Sarah Jane...

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Sounds like a fun story. If he injects half the heart and emotion he put into Doctor Who, it should be a winner.