Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Best Star Wars Lego Corporate Response Ever

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

Anakin died for our sins. Well, Lucas' sins.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    I'm going to write letters complaining about every stupid thing under the sun one day, since it must be a really fun pastime.
    There are a couple of books, Idiot Letters and Letters from a Nut, where the authors did just that. Some of are clunkers, but most are funny.

(Back in college, a buddy and I wrote to NASA looking for jobs in the 'Star Naming Department.' We said that the numbering convention was dumb and, as English majors, we had better qualifications for that kind of thing than 'those dorks from MIT.' They got the joke and we got a really smart reply. But they weren't hiring due to budget cuts, so no jobs for us.)

Congratulations to Ross for poking the tiger and to Paul ******* for the fantastic reply. I'm sure Paul thought Ross was a proper nut, but his response sure doesn't reflect it.

Cool

For younger kids, the Clone Wars TV series IS star Wars and Anakin is the hero, as hard as it is for me to believe. When the Blu-rays of the movies came out last year, Drew McWeeny over at Hit Fix did a series documenting his two sons' first viewing of the films (viewing order: IV, V, I, II, III, VI). All they knew before this was the TV series. Those kids' minds were blown by the revelation in Empire (could their hero really be the big villain?). They couldn't believe that nice old man was really the evil old Emperor. They were really sad when it was confirmed Anakin turned evil in Sith, and were ready to believe the Emperor was actually going to kill Luke in Jedi. That's kids for ya.

Part of the charm is the viewing order: Star wars and Empire to start, the prequels as an extended flashback to fill in details, and then Jedi to wrap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jocutus View Post
    For younger kids, the Clone Wars TV series IS star Wars and Anakin is the hero, as hard as it is for me to believe. When the Blu-rays of the movies came out last year, Drew McWeeny over at Hit Fix did a series documenting his two sons' first viewing of the films (viewing order: IV, V, I, II, III, VI). All they knew before this was the TV series. Those kids' minds were blown by the revelation in Empire (could their hero really be the big villain?). They couldn't believe that nice old man was really the evil old Emperor. They were really sad when it was confirmed Anakin turned evil in Sith, and were ready to believe the Emperor was actually going to kill Luke in Jedi. That's kids for ya.

Part of the charm is the viewing order: Star wars and Empire to start, the prequels as an extended flashback to fill in details, and then Jedi to wrap it up.
    Heh, you'd almost think they were kids films that had been over analysed and held up to be something more than they are by a whole bunch of obsessive geeks

Now excuse me, I have some Spider-man to read!
    Fysh and Joe B. Pangrazio like this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

I think the first guy is kinda right. Anakin isn't a simple hero. He's a hero that turns into a villian, one of the most known villains in film and sci fi, and then only just before his death does he find redemption in saving his son and via his son reaching out. You cannot simply sell the man who would be Darth Vader as a pure hero. Now I think kids are old enough to understand the idea of a fallen hero. Yet will Lucas arts acknowledge this or will they just ignore it and sell Anakin as a traditional hero like Luke? I know Lucas wants to focus on the prequels, for a number of reasons including screwing over his wife who has some rights to the original films, yet the prequels are a far more messy deal than the original films as the central character ends up as the villain. Lucas and company are damn fools and are only seeing the action figure dollars if they think they should sell Anakin as a mere hero.

Wow, a page and a half of laughing at how daft it is, it turns up it was a joke letter in the first place, then someone actually actually chimes in agreeing. Fascinating.
    Fysh and Joe B. Pangrazio like this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Please enjoy these deconstructions...er, I mean reviews.

Star Wars | (The Plinkett Reviews from Red Letter Media)

My apologies if I've already posted these in another forum. It's just what I do whenever "Star Wars" is brought up. Anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12