Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal Studios Plan To Finish And Release Fast And Furious 7 In Respectful Fashion

Administrator

Default Universal Studios Plan To Finish And Release Fast And Furious 7 In Respectful Fashion

While there are bound to be a number of tricky decisions ahead, Universal are reportedly looking to complete Fast and Furious 7, the film that Paul Walker had been working on before his death this weekend.

According to studio insiders, cited by The Hollywood Reporter:
    the movie will not be abandoned entirely.
    It seems that there was still a considerable portion of Walker's role to be filmed, including scenes in Atlanta scheduled for shooting this week and more in Abu Dhabi, scheduled for January.

There was reportedly a conference call held yesterday between the studio and the filmmakers, trying to determine how best to continue.

It would seem to me, however, that it's going to be very hard to refashion this film. Walker died in a car accident, the details of which are yet to be fully revealed, but the core premise of the Fast and Furious films is placing characters in great jeopardy while they're behind the wheel of a car, and sometimes having them experience vividly realised collisions and other dangerous, sometimes fatal incidents while racing and driving.

What's more, the one scene in the film to have been completed and issued, features the rather emotional funeral of one of the films' gang of characters.

The original release date for Fast and Furious 7 was July 11th, 2014. It's not accurate to say that the film has been "postponed indefinitely," as many headlines have - it's just the case that shooting won't be starting back up again today and, after that, plans are yet to be solidified.

Wrote the Book on Cool

F&F 7 is a revenge flick. Stratham simply kills him off screen (we see his car explode). This gives the gang the passion to beat Stratham at his own game and device an overly complicated scam to take him out once and for all.

So based on some prior news (linked in this article) they need to start by rejiggering the movie to reveal that Han didn't die. Flip the roles, then the yakuza take out Brian, leaving the need for revenge intact. Use whatever footage has already been shot prior to Brian's takedown, and in a surprise twist bring back Han after that point.

Exceedingly Cool

Off-screen house fire. Reconstructive surgery. Re-cast with Nic Cage or something.

Hmm. Maybe not.

VP in Charge of Cool

I agree with the idea of reversing it so Han didn't die and it's Brian instead who's funeral they attend. The funeral is in the flick already, so you have Han survive his crash somehow and then find a way for Brian to be killed off. The only thing would be to figure out what to do with the rest of Brian's plotline though and if it could be retrofit into Han, or dropped altogether. My guess was that Brian's plotline was coming to a close soon anyway since he had a kid with Mia and such now...
    John Hurt probably counts as a badass War Doctor, and actually a regeneration. He's not Nine, but he IS A Doctor.

Dean of Cool University Captain13's Avatar

Have Mia say she and Brian need to retire to take care of their kid...

My name is John Stewart. I'm an architect by trade
    and a defender of the universe by appointment.
    It's a pleasure to meet you.

I agree with the idea of having Brian go off and simply retire. Have a scene between Dom and Mia where he says goodbye to her as she leaves with a mention that Brian had already gone on ahead. Then Lucas Black can step up and take the co-starring role, which would make sense out of Dom recruiting him in Tokyo Drift.

Dean of Cool University Candletric's Avatar

Replacing Hans death with Brians wouldnt work. How would you cut out Brian's scenes at Hans funeral ? (especially if he is standing with the other cast members)

Quote Originally Posted by Candletric View Post
    Replacing Hans death with Brians wouldnt work. How would you cut out Brian's scenes at Hans funeral ? (especially if he is standing with the other cast members)
    They could do that pretty easily digitally these days.

i'd have thought the best thing to do (depending on how much has been filmed I suppose) would be to edit him out all together if you could. The nature of the film is just a bit inappropriate.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind.

I never was a fan of this franchise - but it's always sad when someone dies so young.

They must end Fast & Furious with this film. Seven are enough.
    “You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast