Thread: Christoph Waltz Linked To Pirates Of The Caribbean 5, More Plot Details Revealed

Administrator

Default Christoph Waltz Linked To Pirates Of The Caribbean 5, More Plot Details Revealed

The Daily Mail are saying that Christoph Waltz has shown some interest in playing the villain, one Captain Brand, in the next Pirates of the Caribbean film, Dead Men Tell No Tales.

I know what their source is on this, and I can tell you, the Waltz part is nothing like a done deal. Indeed, I'd call their story hearsay.

The plot details they offer are far more solid, however. Here's a clipping from their report - with a little spoiler edited out.
    Jack and his team are in search of The Trident, which Keith [Richards'] Teague holds valuable information to.

The villain this time is Captain Brand... [he] wants the Trident so he can get his revenge on Jack.

Brand believes Jack turned his brother Eric into a pirate, which led to his death.
    I shared lots more Pirates 5 plot teasers a few months back. They all still stand. The Mail even reprise some of them, saying:
    Also in Dead Men Tell No Tales, Jack becomes enchanted by Barbosa's daughter, Carina Smyth.

She's a beautiful woman in her late 30s who is called a witch by some but is really an adept astronomer.
    For what it's worth, the studio are - or at least have been - interested in Rebecca Hall for the role of Carina. I don't know if that will come together, but at least it gives you some idea of how they're thinking of the part.

And... since my last report, I can say that the conception of the "naked witch" character seems to have evolved and they're now thinking "exotic." That's some kind of ethnic categorisation in studio and casting speak. It probably refers to a degree of brownness in the skin, and I think it's certain to mean "not white."

Production on this film is set to take place next year for a Summer 2015 release.

so another part in the series where the villain outshines the protagonists? Ian Mcshane's Blackbeard was the only reason to sit through On Stranger Tides

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Moose View Post
    so another part in the series where the villain outshines the protagonists? Ian Mcshane's Blackbeard was the only reason to sit through On Stranger Tides
    I thought he had nothing memorable or interesting to do in that clunker, which still made a billion bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RRA View Post
    I thought he had nothing memorable or interesting to do in that clunker, which still made a billion bucks.
    I liked how he felt like a jaded megalomaniacal monster, the idea that blackbeard is so tired of the idea of violence that he feels he has to kill people rather than wanting to was fun, he was an evil bastard who was sort of bored with being an evil bastard, it stood out for me in a movie where just about everything else was following boring convention

Zen Master of Cool

The last film was mediocre and a waste of McShane (He had a better written character in American Horror Story: Asylum); but I hope that this rumor pans out. Waltz, Depp and Rush bouncing off of each other? I'm in.

/sigh

When can have a serious swords and sails movie again? You know one like Hornblower TV movies in the 90s. I miss those.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    /sigh

When can have a serious swords and sails movie again? You know one like Hornblower TV movies in the 90s. I miss those.
    I like those types of films too; but apparently the last one of that type, Master and Commander, wasn't profitable enough to continue adapting those books.