Thread: Jeff Bridges' Accent And Julianne Moore As A Dragon - First Trailer For Seventh Son

Administrator

Default Jeff Bridges' Accent And Julianne Moore As A Dragon - First Trailer For Seventh Son

One of the last films coming from the Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. partnership will be TheSeventh Son. I was expecting a trailer to drop after next week's Comic-Con panel, but no. Here it is now. None of that elitist Hall H premiere cobblers here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQt6lYJHIOA[/youtube]

The film is adapted from Joseph Delaney's franchise-starter novelThe Spook's Apprentice, so you can see why they changed the name, I guess. Ben Barnes is actually the lead character but I guess most nerd eyes will be on Jeff Bridges - nerd ears too, really, because that accent is phenomenal - and Julianne Moore.

The Seventh Son marks the English debut of Russian director Sergei Bodrov. Seems like an unusual team has put this project together, and that alone has me curious. The trailer itself... well, it's all about the cast, really.

VP in Charge of Cool

Oh yes! A good old proper Epic Fantasy movie.

Also, Sergei Bodrov's MONGOL (see it if you haven't yet) is fucking phenomenal...so this will hopefully be good as well.

Ordinarily I'd be skeptical of a movie like this but tonally it looks like straight-up fantasy, not any of the quasi-fantasy movies we've gotten the last couple of years.
    "Walking bones!"

looks promising. The dude with swords. DUDE!

VP in Charge of Cool

As a fan of the books, and an English teacher who has taught them to classes that have loved them, can I just say that everything I have seen and heard about this film makes my blood boil. Looks and sounds awful, doesn't match the book in any real way, and I hope it fails and the people behind it never, ever get to work on another motion picture again. Including Jeffrey Bridges, if this is how he chooses to spend his time. That rubbish Tron movie where he played a character nothing like his character from Tron was bad enough, and now this? He's playing a skinny, malnourished bloke who lives a few days walk from Burnley, FFS... Shameful Hollywood casting, and none of the kids I teach who have read the books are remotely interested in this, and I don't blame them.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    The more he plays variations of that character, the less respect I have for him. American actors... They aren't usually capable of disappearing into a role so much as just playing themselves over and over!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Yes, the Dude against his ex-wife.

Consultant of Cool monkeyafterdark's Avatar

Julianne... mmmmmmmmm

This looks good will have to see it.

With this and RIPD the Dude is looking good