Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: The Doctor Who Missing Episodes Rumour Gains A Little More Weight. Three Tons Worth.

Dear to my friend the mister philip morris

i am writing on behalf of the hon. Mgumbu d'chinbe, duke of lagos. As you may well know the royal family was deposed in the great coup of 2006. The duke it is barely escaped with the clothes of his back and subsists now in political exile.

Please to be advised that the duke through loyalists still in the capitol has reasoned a device by which to resecuring his vast fortune and wealths but he is unable to provide the fundings for the deposit of monies. We need but a small cash advance of ten thousand (1,0000) british pounds (lbs) and we will be provide all the dukes monies once more.

I beseech that you help us to in our time of the need and please assurances that in return for your greatest of generositys we will reward you with the dukes 3 tonnes collection of old film including ninety (90) lost episodes of dr who.

God blessing to you

yours in christ

benjamin jones

Consultant of Cool

For more on Phil Morris listen to the commentary for (I think) episode 5 of Reign of Terror where he talks about what he does.

The countries in question are linked to a number of Troughton prints which are unaccounted for: Abominable Snowmen, Ice Warriors, Enemy of the World, Web of Fear and Wheel in Space.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool longtimereader's Avatar

More Troughton episode would be awesome. I could finally get to see episodes of one of my favourite Doctors. Cant wait to see Enemy of the World, PLEASE!!!!!
    Like comics and RPGs? Check out the BAMF! podcast at http://mikelaff.podbean.com/

Wrote the Book on Cool chapattack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtimereader View Post
    More Troughton episode would be awesome. I could finally get to see episodes of one of my favourite Doctors. Cant wait to see Enemy of the World, PLEASE!!!!!
    Always wanted to see that one ever since reading the Target novelisation... fingers crossed.

VP in Charge of Cool AnomanderRake's Avatar

While I'm not buying this till it comes out one way or the other...

that many eps found...wouldn't that amount to the holy fucking grail of Classic lost TV finds? Like for real...90...90 eps!

If it's bullshit, it's fucking cruel.

If it's true...it's a Doctor Who fan's dream....and as someone who is too young to have gotten to see much of Hartnell and Troughton's run, I would be very happy.

But yeah, not holding my breath at this point.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Captain Cool

Well this story is certainly turning into a bit or a rollercoaster ride.

Consultant of Cool

I cannot believe 90.

If 90 has been found in Africa there's been a lot of lying on paperwork.

Look at http://www.wonderfulbook.co.uk/data/africasales.jpg

That shows what was sold where, where it was sent afterwards (prints were sent from one station to another) and what eventually happened to them. For more detail see Wiped, by Richard Molesworth, Telos Publishing which is the source of the data on that excellent graphic. If you're remotely interested in the missing episodes of DW you NEED this book.

(and the guys who produced that graphic have some Fab DW books of their own out: see wonderfulbook.co.uk)

90 missing episodes represents all the Location unknown prints from Ethiopia, Nigeria and the prints destroyed in the Siera Leone Civil War. And a few more that were never sold in that region

The missing episodes are

Marco Polo 1-7 (prints sent to Ethiopia have never been accounted for)
    The Reign of Terror 4 & 5 (prints sent to Ethiopia have never been accounted for)
    The Crusade 2 & 4 (prints sent to Ethiopia have never been accounted for)
    Galaxy 4 1, 2 & 4 (print destroyed in Siera Leone civil war in 1999)
    Mission to the Unknown (not sold anywhere)
    The Myth Makers 1-4 (print destroyed in Siera Leone civil war in 1999)
    The Daleks' Master Plan 1, 3 & 4, 6-9, 11 & 12 (not sold anywhere)
    The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve 1-4 (print destroyed in Siera Leone civil war in 1999)
    The Celestial Toymaker 1-3 (print destroyed in Siera Leone civil war in 1999)
    The Savages 1-4 (print destroyed in Siera Leone civil war in 1999)
    The Smugglers 1-4 (print destroyed in Siera Leone civil war in 1999)
    The Tenth Planet 4 (not sold in Africa)
    The Power of the Daleks 1-6 (not sold in Africa)
    The Highlanders 1-4
    The Underwater Menace 1, 4
    The Moonbase 1, 3
    The Macra Terror 1-4
    The Faceless Ones 2, 4-6
    The Evil of the Daleks 1, 3-7 (not sold in Africa)
    The Abominable Snowmen 1, 3-6 (prints sent to Nigeria have never been accounted for)
    The Ice Warriors 2 & 3
    The Enemy of the World 1, 2, 4-6 (prints sent to Nigeria have never been accounted for)
    The Web of Fear 2-6 (prints sent to Nigeria have never been accounted for)
    Fury from the Deep 1-6 (not sold in Africa)
    The Wheel in Space 1, 2, 4 & 5 (prints sent to Nigeria have never been accounted for)
    The Invasion 1, 4 (not sold in Africa)
    The Space Pirates 1, 3-6

That's a total of 106.

By my reckoning 31 of the missing episodes weren't sold to Africa. So even if you've found a print of every missing episode that was sold on the continent you'd only have 75 episodes.

And not all of those 75 went to the same location. And Paperwork accounts for the return to the BBC/destruction of a large proportion of those episodes except those marked above. (The Paperwork's been wrong before though: The recovered Underwater Menace 2 print is the same one the ABC claim to have destroyed)

The shipping crate came from Nigeria. There's 19 unaccounted for Troughton prints sent to Nigeria. Seems reasonably obvious to me that *IF* anything's been found then it comes from that. Especially as Moffat used the monster from TWO of those strories last season.

Wrote the Book on Cool Clementine Pumpernickel's Avatar

Geez I hope this is wrong. How could anyone want more old Dr Who?

I mean, the Whovians get -- what 32 series -- whereas we browncoats only have 14 episodes and a movie, Bunch of whining cry babies, I say.

I've got an idea --why dont you guys film your dementia-riddled grand-dads fighting off a cardboard box on your iphones, run through a few filters, and 'hey presto!' More Dr Who, 1971-style!

(Just kidding dudes -- this would be awesome if it were true :-) )

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Pumpernickel View Post
    Geez I hope this is wrong. How could anyone want more old Dr Who?

I mean, the Whovians get -- what 32 series -- whereas we browncoats only have 14 episodes and a movie, Bunch of whining cry babies, I say.

I've got an idea --why dont you guys film your dementia-riddled grand-dads fighting off a cardboard box on your iphones, run through a few filters, and 'hey presto!' More Dr Who, 1971-style!

(Just kidding dudes -- this would be awesome if it were true :-) )
    "Oooh, is he regenerating?"

"No, Grandad just tripped over a bucket of paint and got some in his eye. Again."

"You should probably stop leaving open buckets of paint on the floor, really."

"You say that, but 5 hojillion views on Youtube says otherwise..."
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast