Page 60 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Complaints & Corrections (Spelling, Facts, Links in Articles)

I was gonna delete the off topic post but started to read it and my brain died partway though. Twice.

That being said: I would like to read about the fun and chaos of geeky weddings, and weddings where people have cosplayed. Have there ever been issues with other people not understanding what was going on? Logistics? family ire at non-traditional weddings? I mean, from what I understand, regular weddings can be a sonofabitch to plot and plan, especially for a larger group: doing things differently can't be any easier, especially if you come from a more traditional family.
    Ingredients: Spite, Vitriol, Lycanthropy,Mt.dew, Soylent Green, Books,Knitting, Books, Books, Arsenic, Doom, Books, Lead, OMGKITTIES, Peer-Reviewed Journals, Natural Flavor, Artificial Coloring.

Warnings: Keep out of reach of Children.

We added a nice geeky touch for my best mate's wedding last year: all the table markers were comic book wedding covers.
    There were some damn weird ones in there.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

After my friends got married they played the Star Wars cantina theme on their way back down the aisle.

Bleeding Cool

My wife-to-be gave me Police Box (TARDIS) cufflinks right before we got married. I said 'I do'.
    Traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    My wife-to-be gave me Police Box (TARDIS) cufflinks right before we got married. I said 'I do'.
    If you two ever split up, please give her my number!
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

My best man and his wife consider their 'real' wedding to have been the pagan hand-fasting ceremony they held at Greenwood (a Robin of Sherwood convention). The official wedding a week later was just a formality for the families.

Mrs P and I were pretty mundane, though we did pick a piece of music from The Last Unicorn for our first dance...

And marrying someone who groks the geek is still one of the smartest things I ever managed to do!

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Me and the groomsmen at my wedding entered the auditorium to "Battle Without Honor or Humanity". We all had shades on and came down the isle like Oren-Ishi and co. in Kill Bill. It was cool too because during the slow build up in the opening to the song the doors were closed and then swung open when it kicks into gear and in we strolled. Fun times.
    "Walking bones!"

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Maybe off-topic pertaining to the discussion at hand, but is the main page showing up a bit wonky for anyone else, or is it my browser? Like all the pictures and text are pushed over and it looks pretty messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootfireember View Post
    I was gonna delete the off topic post but started to read it and my brain died partway though. Twice.

That being said: I would like to read about the fun and chaos of geeky weddings, and weddings where people have cosplayed. Have there ever been issues with other people not understanding what was going on? Logistics? family ire at non-traditional weddings? I mean, from what I understand, regular weddings can be a sonofabitch to plot and plan, especially for a larger group: doing things differently can't be any easier, especially if you come from a more traditional family.
    Banned him, and removed the sig. Can't remove the 'home page' link, but hopefully no-one is THAT stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Solid first post. Long, off topic. . . do we have the next OM here?
    ...Ah, you know you love it
    -------