Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Private Eye On The Doctor Who Bust Up

Administrator

Default Private Eye On The Doctor Who Bust Up

My writing for Bleeding Cool, and the various columns that preceded it, has tried to be somewhere between Popbitch and Private Eye Magazine. That both of those outlets often run reports on the production goings on at Doctor Whojust shows how far the programme has grown in terms of its media importance.

Today, Private Eye have run with added details on the bust up between Steven Moffat and Caroline Skinner that Bleeding Cool previously reported.

And yes, that's one of those "tired and emotional" or "Ugandan discussion" euphemisms the magazine loves to use so much at the end there.

"Close working relationship..." If BC would let me post three words only, that's all I would put...

Why does "You are erased from Dr Who" sound so much like a power-trippin' guy who's not gettin' it when he feels he should be and so in grand vindictiveness, drops her from the show?
    Living my life to be like Jesse Custer but when I look in the mirror all I see is Cassidy. How I ended up with Tulip anyways, God only knows.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomesauce View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that reality has an extreme anti-DC bias......
    Bleeding Cool is causing serious harm to my self-esteem. It won't let me Like myself.

Exceedingly Cool

The funny thing over the past week has been watching all references to her departure being anything other than utterly amicable being deleted from all the big DW forums / news sites. Can't shatter the ilusion that everything's fine in Who Land with the 50th coming up, right?
    Pop-Tart Samson and Peter G like this.

Zen Master of Cool Death's Head's Avatar

Can't shatter the ilusion that everything's fine in Who Land with the 50th coming up, right?
    Well I can't imagine that children, Who's primary audience don't forget, are all that interested really.
    SMITH
    Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - a comic strip so controversial you'll crap Shreddies.

VP in Charge of Cool AnomanderRake's Avatar

For whatever reason I can't picture Moffat shouting "You are erased from Doctor Who"...let alone anything in anger....but then perhaps I've just never seen him angry?

I dunno. I'd love to know the various specifics just so I could know who to side with....with little info I am inclined to think perhaps Moffat is power tripping...but it could be that Skinner was being unreasonable...tho you would think that both Beth Willis and Piers Wenger didn't leave something like WHO for the official reasons we heard...they both seemed so invested to have just up and left for other jobs.

Yeah, I dunno.

As long as the 50th goes off without a hitch and pleases fans (as best as a fanbase so vigorously divided as Who fans CAN be), then I suppose all this will be moot.

Till the inevitable beans get spilled in ten years time.

Way Cool

I don't care who he's sleeping — or not sleeping — with. What I want to know is... is that curly mass on his head a rug?

steven_moffat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RichRich View Post
    I don't care who he's sleeping — or not sleeping — with. What I want to know is... is that curly mass on his head a rug?

steven_moffat.jpg
    I don't think so. I've met him a few times and unless it was tailor-made with gray roots just beneath a dye job it seems to be his real hair.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AnomanderRake View Post
    As long as the 50th goes off without a hitch and pleases fans (as best as a fanbase so vigorously divided as Who fans CAN be), then I suppose all this will be moot.

Well, despite only having one episode to shoot between Dec 2012 and Sept 2013 they still ended up having to push the start date for shooting the Anniversary Special back by several weeks at the last minute. That's a pretty big hitch, expecially with Matt Smith having a fixed deadline when he has to be done by.

And as for Moffat's temper, he certainly displayed it during the brief time he was on Twitter and towards David Yates as well.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AnomanderRake View Post
    For whatever reason I can't picture Moffat shouting "You are erased from Doctor Who"...let alone anything in anger....but then perhaps I've just never seen him angry?
    No, I agree it's highly unlikely for a famous showrunner like Moffat to say such a thing so publicly. I think it's clear it was a serious fallout and the who/what/why of it is unimportant, Moffatt is the driving force behind the show and if he's not getting on with someone such as this (or vise-versa) then quite rightly they've got to go. He's the undisputed captain of the ship, they're disposable.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast